Quad museum exhibits

Forum for discussion relating to the Morris Quad
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1196 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Quad museum exhibits

Post by Adrian Harris »

Apart from the source Quad at Cobbaton, where else are Quads available to view in museums ?

There's one at Muckleburgh, but that is a Mk.III with a No.5 body.

Duxford has one but their exhibits are fenced off in set pieces, so no chance for measurements or close-up pictures.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Will Wilkinson

Re: Quad museum exhibits

Post by Will Wilkinson »

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get around to replying (well: registering and all tbh.)

There is one at Duxford, and - at least until recently - there was also one "out-front" at the artillery museum in Woolwich.

(A couple of mates were asked to go up to Woolwich a while back and tow it around enough to free it up and get it started!)

Will

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1196 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Hi Will, and welcome.

I understand the Firepower! museum is moving to a new site near/at Larkhill but I don't think there's any kind of schedule for that yet.

The problem with Duxford is they're behind barriers, so it's not possible to get good detail pictures or measurements.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Eric Ho
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Eric Ho »

Here's the one at Duxford, I'm sure they'll let you up close if you ask beforehand. Taken just after Boxing Day, not far from the T34/85.
Morris
Morris
Morris 2
Morris 2