25pdr at Pendennis Castle

All topics related to Armortek's 25 Pdr
Michael Cecil
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 109 times

25pdr at Pendennis Castle

Post by Michael Cecil »

My recent trip to Cornwall yielded some unexpected benefits when we visited Pendennis Castle at Falmouth, which is an interesting series of overlays of several centuries of fortifications. In the grounds there are two 25-pdr field guns. Both are fitted with muzzle brakes, and are a combination of various Marks of major components. Neither gun is complete, with one deficient the shield and shield mounts (among other parts) which allowed a much better view of the saddle and cradle assemblies. I've attached several images showing the details. The gun is also interesting in that it is fitted with a Canadian production breech block and jacket, and the later all-welded cradle, which looks so different to the riveted version of the Kompact Kit.

Mike
Attachments
The seat mount from the side.
The seat mount from the side.
The seat mount, showing more detail than is visible when the seat is in position.
The seat mount, showing more detail than is visible when the seat is in position.
Side view of the saddle, showing detail not normally visible with the shield mounts in place.
Side view of the saddle, showing detail not normally visible with the shield mounts in place.
Front view of the saddle and carriage.
Front view of the saddle and carriage.
The all-welded cradle assembly.
The all-welded cradle assembly.
s IMG_1770.JPG
The two 25-pdrs at Pendennis Castle.
The two 25-pdrs at Pendennis Castle.

Ian Rodney
Been liked: 53 times

Re: 25pdr at Pendennis Castle

Post by Ian Rodney »

Hi Michael,
Great to see a set of 25 pdr pics coming from Pendennis Castle.
Interesting to see what lies behind the shield and other areas.

Unfortunately when I go to enlarged your pics, they start to get too grainy to see
all the fine details!

Is there anyway you can increase the KB size so that we can see the details, say
increase to 500 KB..!

Thanks for posting anyway, very interesting!

Cheers
Ian
from Glasgow

Michael Cecil
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 109 times

Re: 25pdr at Pendennis Castle

Post by Michael Cecil »

Hi Ian,

The originals are all about 6Mb each - I just reduced their size to 10% to ensure they would not get rejected when loaded here, as I'm not sure of the limitation on this site. What's the max size image that I can upload?

If you PM me your email, I'll send a full size set to you via Wetransfer, if that would be of help? Same for anyone else wanting a set of High-resolution copies.

Mike