detailing the gunsight of the Pak 43/41

All topics related to Armortek's Pak 43/ 41
Pieter Koops
Been liked: 25 times

detailing the gunsight of the Pak 43/41

Post by Pieter Koops »

Hello PAK 43/41 builders,

ofcourse more details of the gunsight could be researched perhaps in Bovington, with any of you, or in the Imperial War Museum. For detailing the gunsight delivered in great detail by Armortek I found the top half of the instrument in a book about the German optics firm Carl Zeiss, Jena.

The book was published by Dr. Hans T. Seeger. Optisches Gerät der deutschen Wehrtechnik. Druckschriften des Hauses Carl Zeiss, Jena, aus den Jahren 1930 bis 1940 / German Military Technology: The Optical Equipment. Descriptive documents circulated by Carl Zeiss, Jena, between 1930 and 1940. Hamburg, 1997.

On page N 135 / 02 there is a picture of the Rundblickfernrohr 10N, a periscope prismatic panoramic artillery sight that looks a lot like the type issued with the kit. As you can see the lower half with separate scope is not in the picture. But from the picture you can see details of gradients, black housing and rubber.

Kind regards,

Pieter
Attachments
Rundblick fernrohr 10N.jpg
Dutchman, born 1957. My Armortek models are a first series Tiger I, 25PDR & Limber, 17PDR, PaK 43/41, 88mm Flak37 & SdKfz7, M4 Sherman / M7 Priest (Dave Dibb). To do: Centurion tank, Morris Commercial and Universal Carrier.

Maarten Schutjes
Been liked: 3 times

Re: detailing the gunsight of the Pak 43/41

Post by Maarten Schutjes »

Pieter, the bevrijdingsmuseum in Zeeland has one

Here's a picture (and the story of this item, in dutch)
http://www.bevrijdingsmuseumzeeland.nl/ ... 0n-sloedam
____________________________________________________________________________________
Interested in animatronics for your tank? Contact me at westfrontcustoms@gmail.com | See examples at http://westfrontcustoms.nl

Pieter Koops

Post by Pieter Koops »

Thanks / bedankt Maarten,

you've just given me another reason to visit Zeeland for its WW II German coastal defences, museums and good sea food :D

Kind regards,

Pieter
Dutchman, born 1957. My Armortek models are a first series Tiger I, 25PDR & Limber, 17PDR, PaK 43/41, 88mm Flak37 & SdKfz7, M4 Sherman / M7 Priest (Dave Dibb). To do: Centurion tank, Morris Commercial and Universal Carrier.

Pieter Koops

Post by Pieter Koops »

Pieter Koops wrote:Hello PAK 43/41 builders,

ofcourse more details of the gunsight could be researched perhaps in Bovington, with any of you, or in the Imperial War Museum. For detailing the gunsight delivered in great detail by Armortek I found the top half of the instrument in a book about the German optics firm Carl Zeiss, Jena.

The book was published by Dr. Hans T. Seeger. Optisches Gerät der deutschen Wehrtechnik. Druckschriften des Hauses Carl Zeiss, Jena, aus den Jahren 1930 bis 1940 / German Military Technology: The Optical Equipment. Descriptive documents circulated by Carl Zeiss, Jena, between 1930 and 1940. Hamburg, 1997.

On page N 135 / 02 there is a picture of the Rundblickfernrohr 10N, a periscope prismatic panoramic artillery sight that looks a lot like the type issued with the kit. As you can see the lower half with separate scope is not in the picture. But from the picture you can see details of gradients, black housing and rubber.

Kind regards,

Pieter
P.S. When you buy the updates by Armorpax you also get a DVD with photoes of a walk around and more than fantastic pictures of the sight assembly by Dave. Apart from a tip on a museum to visit my remarks concerning detailing the sight are completely unnecessary :)