Armorpax's Limber

All topics related to Armortek's 25 Pdr
Kevin Hunter
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 135 times

Re: Armorpax's Limber

Post by Kevin Hunter »

Great stuff Dave. Not sure what can be said except "wicked"!!
:D

IAN HINKS

Post by IAN HINKS »

Hurray. Dave your last photos were posted just in time as I was about to fasten my towing arm in place which would have made fitting the new flange impossible. I guess it is just do a little on the rear plate and doors while waiting for the kits to be ready. Which items are going to be cast metal and which resin? A shame I had got so far with the paint job, I didn't expect there to be so much external detail to add to what at first thoughts was a simple item. I wonder if Mark and Gill would let you have a pre-production model to work up detail sets on in future or even access to the prototype and then maybe the kits could be sent out with the models. Even replacing items that won't be used from the kit before they are manufactured. There is no doubt of the quality of your sets. All the examples I have seen add greatly to the basic models. Any way enough rambling, well done mate, what kit is next? please not a WW1 Mk IV kit, I am determined to build as is, well......
Gunner.

John M. Lyle
Been liked: 1 time

Post by John M. Lyle »

I just bought the limber and gun kits. I will definitely be getting your detail kits.

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 1098 times

Post by Dave Dibb (Armorpax) »

Hi All,

First of the pre-production metal parts arrived today, will get these cleaned up and should have them fitted in the next few days. Some of the parts that are less exposed I am going to leave in resin, only because it will be easier to see where the parts go in the final pictures.

There is a lot more metal on this than the gun kit as the parts lend themselves to it better. Things like the door locks and traversing ring clamps would also be too fragile in resin.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

Bob Farmer

Post by Bob Farmer »

Looking great, cant wait to get hold of this as I have posponed my build till this is available.

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by michael hilton »

Excellent products for the growing band of 25PDR's. Will the 25PDR upgrades be available after the Limber, Dave?, we are all itching to get started.... :D Mick

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi Michael,

As soon as all the limber moulds are done I will remake the necessary moulds for the 25pdr parts.

Best regards

Dave
www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Thanks Dave, best wishes, Mick

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Started fitting the test set parts.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Thanks to the Uckfield Skunkworks I now have the blanks for the shell head selection. These are the last pieces of the kit and now its just a matter of how quickly my metal casters finish the remaining parts moulds and getting the kit price sorted.

On a separate note the Limber will come with a metal brake handle and we will be offering the straight version of it in metal also as an extra soon for the gun if any one wishes to upgrade from the original resin one.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

IAN HINKS

Post by IAN HINKS »

I'd take that option Dave, will it be available at the same time as the Limber kit comes out? Look forward to you being ready to ship.
Gunner.

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

www.armorpax.net

John Wiggins
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by John Wiggins »

Morning Dave
Looking good, can't wait for your add ons.

Regards
John
:shock: :lol: :lol:

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

We are getting close. A couple more parts now in metal. I hope to start announcing details on the Craftsman section by the end of next week.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Great work Dave, looking forward to making progress on my Limber/25PDR with your upgrades. At least I managed to tidy the garden while waiting for your parts, plus the usual household chores. Regards, Mick :D