Armorpax's Limber

All topics related to Armortek's 25 Pdr
Dave Dibb (Armorpax)
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 1098 times

Re: Armorpax's Limber

Post by Dave Dibb (Armorpax) »

Hi All,

Interior parts finished, I'm now working on the buffer pads that go inside the doors. May get them fitted tomorrow.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

simon_manning
Been liked: 1557 times

Post by simon_manning »

some nice building going on here dave, looks extremely good, regards simon manning.

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

Paul Morris
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Paul Morris »

:D Excellent Dave as usual mate .
Cheers Paul. :wink:
Paul's Tank Workshop. Complete Tank builds and re builds zimmerit and paint to museum quality standard. pjtigerman@aol.com
01524 720977
https://www.facebook.com/PaulsTankWorkshop

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

I've made the door retainers and a few other bits for this end of the limber, just the reflector to do. I'll then make a start on the draw bar detail.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

IAN HINKS

Post by IAN HINKS »

I am starting to think it will take me as long to fit all the detail parts you are coming up with Dave as it has taken me to build the basic model. Looking really good though. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :D
Gunner.

Jurgen Kozak
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Jurgen Kozak »

Hi Dave excelent work. When will be set for limber "ready to ship"?

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

I think about another week to finish the masters. Then just got to wait for my metal casters to do the moulds for things like the locking handles and start running parts.

Best regards

Dave
www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Front draw bar assembly made.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

IAN HINKS

Post by IAN HINKS »

Dave,
Could you answer a couple of questions if you have time. Is the gun towing hitch locking bar you made included in the detail set? How do you achieve the cast effect with your primer? Finally, the mod you have done to the door plate regarding the use of bolts. I see you have put plastic reinforcing behind the bolts. Is this just to beef up the area around the bolts to help keep them in place and how much clearance is the interior detail from this? It looks like it is well clear in the photos.
One thing I am doing that others might want to think about. I am gluing two 0.75" i.d. washers on the inside of the front plate to reinforce the area that the towing arm passes through. This area looks like it will take a beating with cross country towing and the thin steel plate looks like it might deform or wear with hard use.
Gunner.

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

The towing hitch will be complete as shown with locking bar etc and included in the set. It will also be available separately. The cast effect is done using Mr Surfacer 500 and a stipple brush. Takes a little practice but you can get some good effects.

Yes. The plastic strip was just to help hold the bolts in place and is well clear of all the interior stuff. The only thing that currently could get in the way is the axle if any one decided to use the bottom tray positions. Rivets on the front plate need shortening wherever the interior tray runner is fitted.

Best regards

Dave
www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Just finished the last of the metal parts and these will be going off to my casters tomorrow. I have a few more small resin bits to do like the tops of the traversing ring clamps but we are almost there.

Its all in the hands of my metal casters now and once they are ready to produce the metal parts will let you all know. Resin moulds should all be complete in no more than 2 weeks.

Although I have not shown it I've made a slight mod to the Front draw bar housing as I had it mounted to far forward in the pics. Will show it in its correct position once I am able to finish the build with the metal parts.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Pieter Koops
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Pieter Koops »

Hello Dave,

fantastic work again. Can't wait to order with you.

Kind regards,

Pieter

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

That's as far as I can go for now. I'm in the hands of my metal casters and the Uckfield Skunkworks.

Once my metal casters ship me the first parts we will be able to finish off the build and the Uckfield Skunkworks are producing me some 3D printed blanks for the following Shells, HE, Smoke and Star.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

www.armorpax.net