Post photos of your comets?

Forum for discussion relating to the Comet
Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by Alex Easten »

Simply brief really! My Comet is in the boxes still, and having had the urge to start it, it would be great to have the inspiration of seeing everyone else's builds and running models.

There are some amazing builds on this forum, but 50 comets (and the prototypes) were built, so lets see more photos! We've only got about 40 more to account for haha!

Also, if you have a Comet kit, why not check in and say hi on this thread, we're a small group, and it would be nice to hear from you!

Cheers,

Alex 8)
Armortek Universal Carrier no 30 (2021), Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

Derek Attree
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Post photos of your comets?

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Alex
It will be nice to have you along I have been a lone voice
in this section since September.
Waiting for it to warm up so I can get the paint on mine but still
plenty of small detail to add...

The kit goes together very well no issues so far.

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

Steve Stuart
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Steve Stuart »

I suppose I am a muted voice as I have a Cromwell that has appeared here. It is an ex-Comet on which I am continuing the work started by Dave Skeldon. I am currently sorting out some more details on the rear deck, then moving on to the mudguards.
The weather has not left me filled with drive, a temporary lake that has had its edge ranging over a distance of 30 yards to 5 yards from my front door here in Oxford, has meant that we have been a little preoccupied so work on the tank has taken a step back.
This is why I would really, really, like the next model to be a DUKW. So that when it floods again I can put a smile on my face, and also others by a DUKW running through the waves above the playing field.
Steve

Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by Alex Easten »

Hi guys, thanks for the replies!

Derek, I have been following your fantastic build with great interest, after being a lucky custodian of your Panther before she went to live with Maarten in Holland, I have first hand experience of just how exquisite your workmanship is. Sorry to lay it on thick but that Panther was something else! Can't wait to see your Comet with paint on!

Steve,I love the work you are doing on the Com-well haha! Your modifications are complementing Dave's work and I think its important to put your stamp on a model, plus you have something no one else has! I agree, a DUKW would be fun but would have to be well designed and near fool proof to function properly, otherwise we'd have a forum full of 1/6 dukw recoveries from the bottom of park lakes!

But surely there are more people out there with Comet's waiting to see the light of day!

My Comet is still in the boxes :(

Yours sincerely,

Ashamed of Newcastle
Armortek Universal Carrier no 30 (2021), Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

Derek Attree
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Alex
Thanks for the kind words re my Panther.
Get your Comet unpacked and you will find it falls together it
is the best kit I have done yet.
Mine is now stripped down ready for its base coat when it warms up a bit.
Still lots of work on detail bits to keep me interested.

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions