ROTARY SWITCH?

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer IV
Graham Ord
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

ROTARY SWITCH?

Post by Graham Ord »

Hi All
Is it possible to control the engine sound on/off,mc gun x 3off, maingun,spoken words,etc currently controlled via l/h stick moved to the right a set number of times with a 10?position rotary switch attached to the transmitter somehow.
Graham
Graham

Steve Norris
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 642 times

Re: ROTARY SWITCH?

Post by Steve Norris »

Hi Graham.
Yes, Benedini can supply a rotary switch that is used to control the sounds selections, you just need a T.X. with a spare 3 position switch which is replaced by the rotary switch.
Regards
Steve

Mick Regan
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Mick Regan »

Hi Graham

It primary depends on what transmitter you are using. If you have a Futaba 7C ,then there is a simple modification using the Benedini Rotary Encoder, which controls the sounds via a 10 position rotary switch and a single toggle switch. If you think you are up to doing it yourself, there is a post at http://www.armortek.co.uk/Forum3b/viewt ... f=2&t=1716 which shows how it can be done.

It may be possible to modify other transmitters depending on space and available proportional channels. Let us know what system you are using, and we will try and work something out.

Hope this helps

Mick
I have personally given up hope that politicians who never experienced war first hand will ever realise that war is the worst of all possible alternatives.
Otto Carius. Commander 2nd Company sPzAbt. 502

Graham Ord

Post by Graham Ord »

Hi Steve and Mick
I have a FUTABA T6EX is it still possible?
Graham
ps I used to live on the South side of Manchester Steve
Graham

Steve Norris
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 642 times

Post by Steve Norris »

Hi Graham.
If I remember correctly the 6EX has a 3 position switch that can be used but I would double check that with other board members first.
Did you live anywhere near Cheadle Hulme When you up here ?
Regards
Steve

Bob Gould
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Bob Gould »

Hi graham.

I have a fubar and all the different sounds are selected by the top right rotory switch triggered by the rocker switch
--------------------------------------------------------
A wife is only temporary, an ex-wife is FOREVER!!

The man in the avatar is my grandfather

leesellars
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by leesellars »

Hello Graham

You can go it with a 6 channel 40mhz with rotary switch. If you have a 2.4ghz 6 channel it cannot be done. It has to be controled by a proportional channel. That is why you need the 7 channel on this frequency. If you are unsure let me know.
http://www.Facebook.com/newthorpemodels
Dont hit me so early in the morning with those negative waves.
Listen carefully i shall say this only once.
If its not broke dont fix it.
Ich Hatt Einen Kameraden

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Yes Lee is correct the 6EX 2.4 ghz system has only got 4 proportional channels and 2 switched channels, I did a conversion the other day for somebody and used the barrel elevation channel for the rotary switch control and then set the gun elevation control on one of the switched channels which means that the barrel was either fully up or down and by adjusting the limit switches it didn't look too bad. The other option is to take a mother board out of a 40 mhz tx and put it in a 2.4 ghz tx but that is a bit more involved. It seems strange that Futaba decided to go that way as the 40 mhz tx had 5 prop channels and 1 switched channel. Anyway the long and the short of it is you cannot use one of the switched channels on the 2.4 ghz 6EX for the rotary switch conversion.

Dennis.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

I have gone a slightly different path and used an arduino and rotary encoder to add two more proportional channels to the T6ex transmitter.

Not only did Futaba remove the rotary control from channel 6 but, as Dennis has said, they removed the functionality from the main board as well, presumably to boost sales of the 7c.

Adrian
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Graham Ord

Post by Graham Ord »

So what you are all saying is it is probally not worth the hassle on a Futaba t6ex and I should stay with clicking the r/h stick
Graham
Graham