Smoker Fan Control Unit

Armortek owners can buy and sell 1/6 scale accessories and detail parts. note: Armortek does not necessarily endorse these products and can accept no liability for contractual disputes
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Smoker Fan Control Unit

Post by Adrian Harris »

Hi Pierluigi

I can see what you are saying about the amount of smoke visible when the engine is not under stress, but that is not something which can be achieved with this module :cry:

That is not to say that it couldn't be done but you would need to regulate both the speed of the fan - probably still linked to the "speed" of the engine - as well as the temperature of the heating element.

If you don't reduce the temperature of the element when the fan is running on idle, you will get the same volume of smoke being produced but being ejected by the fan quite slowly, so it would be more visible, not less.

The problem with regulating the smoke using the element temperature is the thermal lag which exists within the system. A short rev of the engine would not give the element enough time to heat up to produce the required burst of smoke.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Ray Brown
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Ray Brown »

g'day adrian. recieved the smoke control unit. connected very easily great instructions. works very good. thanks a heap.

cheers
ray

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Glad to hear it Ray :D

Adrian
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Peter Silcock
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Peter Silcock »

Adrian one of my Tigers has the standard 4QDs and a stand alone Benedini sound card and amp not the Armortek control unit. Does your unit work in the same way as the Benedini smoker control ie can I plug it into the sound card on 12 volts and the fan and the power supply or does it have to be plugged into an Armortek control. Also does your unit need a 24 volt supply or can it operate on 12v. Looks like a great item.Thanks

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Hi Peter.

The unit will plug directly into a standard Benedini TBS5 unit, without the need for the full Armortek Amplifier module, and should work OK on 12 volts.

Adrian.

Peter Silcock
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Peter Silcock »

Adrian thanks for response. Have sent you a pm.

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi Adrian
i have fitted your upgrade smoke control unit in my pz1v last weekend and it is perfect :D for anybody wondering what its like, belive me it is good ,the whole package is well put together and compliments all the other armortek units perfectly ,it was simple to set up ,no soldering just plug and play :D into the existing wireing loom for the armortek smoker ,easy to find space to fit it due to its compact size . So dont hesitate on this its a good piece of kit . Well done Adrian i think its great.
As soon as i have fixed my computer or camera i will be posting a vidio on my pz1v site sorry for the delay Adrian but was intending to post a vidio at the same time .
All the best to all
nick

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

:oops: :oops: Thanks Nick - Glad you like it :oops: :oops:

Adrian.

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

I have just two units left from the initial batches of twenty five :D :D

I'll be making up a new batch in the New Year so, if you're interested, please email me at sales@armortekaddict.uk so that I know what size batch will be required.

I also have a couple of units put aside for people who expressed an interest originally but who have yet to pay.
I'll be sending a reminder email/PM to each of them after the festivities.

Merry Christmas to all.

Adrian.
Last edited by Adrian Harris on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

JEAN MARC BELLETETE
Been liked: 2 times

Post by JEAN MARC BELLETETE »

DSCF3249.JPG
I recently install this unit in my Tiger I and I must say it works like a charm ! Lots of smoke at the right time when hidling and when you kick it in gear ! My Neighbor tough it was a real diesel running...
Good stuff Adrian !
JIMBO
------------------------

CCAD
CLUB CHAMPLAIN ARMOR DIV

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Thank You - I'm glad you (and your neighbour) like it :D :D :D

I have quite good stocks of these units at present.

The new Amplifier Module, which uses a Benedini TBS Mini in place of the TBS5, requires a lead soldered to the adapter PCB. I am in the process of arranging for a stock of these PCBs from Gill so that I can provide exchange parts with the lead already attached.

Adrian.
Last edited by Adrian Harris on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

dennypatterson
Been liked: 1 time

Post by dennypatterson »

:roll: :roll: :lol: hello adrian, wanting me to spend more hard earned retirment cash... if you will fit them at cobberton collection this week end, i will have three!!!!!! denny.

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Happy to oblige :lol: :lol:

Adrian.

Steve Norris
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 642 times

Post by Steve Norris »

Hi Adrian.
It may be a stupid question but I will ask anyhow, Would I need 1 or 2 units to control 2 kingtiger smokers ?
Regards
Steve

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Hi Steve

One module will easily handle the fans for two KT smokers. The only difficulty I can foresee is that the cabling supplied with the dual KT smokers was different, so I don't think it will be a drop in replacement.

Denny has a KT, so I'll be finding out how easy (or not) it is to fit next Saturday :lol: :shock: :roll:

Adrian.