Build a 222

Forum for discussion relating to the Sdkfz 222
Andreas Roth

Build a 222

Post by Andreas Roth »

Hi, I build now the 222 and Im working on the Diff now ...I have build them but is there a Bearing´s for the outgoing drive shaft´s to the weels ??
who had picture´s
Thx for any help
Regards
Andreas

Martin Diessel
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Build a 222

Post by Martin Diessel »

Hi Andreas, if you refer your assembly manual you will see the diff. housing has 3 bearings. one for the pinioon gear to the propeller shaft an one each sidewards to the drive shafts. You find the machined holes to fit the bearings inside the diff. case. Pretty simple assembling! Martin
Scale 1:6 Armortek: Tiger 1 Mid; SDKFZ 222; Panzer III, Stug III, King Tiger. SDKFZ 7, Flak 88, WW1 MK4 Scale 1:16 and 1:15: Various Leopard 1 and 2, Gepard, Tiger late, Jagdtiger, Brummbear early, Panzerhaubitze 2000, Panzer 4 Schmalturm, British MK1

Andreas Roth

Post by Andreas Roth »

Hi Martin, thx for info but in my Diff case are missing all the bearing´s
Regards
Andreas

Martin Diessel

Post by Martin Diessel »

That sounds strange?? Teh bearings for the drive shafts are installed on the diferential as supplied with the motion pack. The bearing for the prop-shaft is als o part of the motion pack. So if you have no motion pack, ?? You have no bearings or they are missing! Martin
Scale 1:6 Armortek: Tiger 1 Mid; SDKFZ 222; Panzer III, Stug III, King Tiger. SDKFZ 7, Flak 88, WW1 MK4 Scale 1:16 and 1:15: Various Leopard 1 and 2, Gepard, Tiger late, Jagdtiger, Brummbear early, Panzerhaubitze 2000, Panzer 4 Schmalturm, British MK1

Andreas Roth

Post by Andreas Roth »

Hi, it´s great , Gill send my the missing Bearings at the next Day´s so well I like the Armortek kit and service
Regards
Andreas

Jan_Donadoni
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Jan_Donadoni »

When building the differentials, please keep in mind you'll probably have to replace the diff oil with some pretty harder one
My men can eat their belts, but my tanks have gotta have gas.
(George S. Patton)

Andreas Roth

Post by Andreas Roth »

Hi Jan, thank´s for the tip but the oil or lube is not the key to have mor function of the weel´s in strong terrain..the key is you kann block the diff with the screw at the boby on the diff.. so you kann block one or all diff on the 222
regards
Andreas

Martin Diessel

Post by Martin Diessel »

Dear friends
Hopefully nobody will follow this self-destructive idea to misuse the oil-filler plug to lock the differential! It might work for a very short time (I never tried).If you tighten the plug too far in it will hit the internal metal gear carrier of the differential. It might work for a very short time until the plug cuts a groove into the metal carrier. After this there is no longer a locking effect, but therefore you got nice chips inside the differential!! Who wants that?? Better use as already mentioned a low viscosity differential lube as already mentioned! This kind of lube is available in any good assorted RC stores and works perfect! Like always --better a good lube than destroying the gears and kicking away the parts!
Martin

Andreas Roth

Post by Andreas Roth »

Hi Martin and all , thx for your comment but this screw stop the cog wheel only on the side ...
i think there is no risk to destroy the diff ( show the black point on the picture ...)
Attachments
IMG_1298.JPG

Andreas Roth

Post by Andreas Roth »

oh sorry , one info.. lube you must always fill in the diff bevor you close it... this little hole on this position is definitely not for fill the diff with lube ..
Regards
Andreas

Bodo Langbehn
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Bodo Langbehn »

Hi all,

it is very easy to charge the diffs through the hole with grease. You only have to take a small grease gun.

Bodo

Andreas Roth

Post by Andreas Roth »

sorry, it´s only my position ....i am on build a 222 ....
Regards
Andreas

Jan_Donadoni
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Jan_Donadoni »

Hello,
personally I completely disassembled the diff, cleaned it well with proper solvent, then filled it with 1.000.000 (yes 1 million) diff grease. it's pretty sticky, but leaves full function to the diff. If one wheel gets out of contact from the ground the others will receive a good amount of power anyway.
My men can eat their belts, but my tanks have gotta have gas.
(George S. Patton)

Andreas Roth

Post by Andreas Roth »

Hi,so now I start with the Section 3 (Fitting the Steering Servo Parts
Regards Andreas
Attachments
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1438.JPG

Andreas Roth

Post by Andreas Roth »