Comet NO.21 lands in Newcastle.

Forum for discussion relating to the Comet
Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Comet NO.21 lands in Newcastle.

Post by Alex Easten »

Howdy folks,

So this morning was pretty average. woke up to a phone call from the director of the musical I am currently in, telling me I was in a rehearsal all day Sunday. Not a great start. Trundled down the stairs for my morning coffee and breakfast in not what I would call a particularly brilliant mood and put the kettle on. Then there was the knock at the door. The Knock. That knock I had been excited about since I placed my order the previous week. I had forgotten:

It Was Comet day!

Comet No.21 was home. Considering shes my 21st birthday present to myself, I think its a pretty apt number as well!

Never have I been so happy to see a UPS truck. So in the normal way the boxes were heaved into the house and taken upstairs to my bedroom come workshop.

Hastily I cut the tape keeping me out of the boxes of goodies that lay before me and suddenly there she was. My comet, yeah okay she's in a million pieces but that wont be for long!

Anyway long story short this is me checking in. I'm not sure when the build will start but the moment I get a chance I will begin. I have studied every Comet build on this forum, and if my work can reach half the standard of some of the masterpieces on this forum, I will be a very proud guy. I feel privileged to be on a forum with such a wealth of expert knowledge.

I have had a few thoughts about markings etc. I guess the best way to describe my choice is fictional. She will most likely be a tank from the 29th armoured brigade, 11th Armoured division 3 RTR in Germany, early 1945. She will However be named " Jet ".

Attached are a couple of photos with Terry, Jets commander ( we modellers have a great imagination).

I still think my Armortek cap is a little too big for him though!

Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

Paul Morris
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Comet NO.21 lands in Newcastle.

Post by Paul Morris »

Hello Alex.

Congratulations on your Comet, isn't it your second? this has to be the most round about rout to getting what you want . . . ever :lol:
Hope you keep this one!
Welcome back.
Regards Paul.
Paul's Tank Workshop. Complete Tank builds and re builds zimmerit and paint to museum quality standard. pjtigerman@aol.com
01524 720977
https://www.facebook.com/PaulsTankWorkshop

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 701 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

What could be better for your birthday than a metal tank model? Ok ok I can think of a couple things :oops: but a big heavy armortek tank model is way up on the list! 8)
Enjoy! best regards,
Bob

Steve Norris
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 652 times

Post by Steve Norris »

Happy Birthday Alex.

What a great 21st present

Regards
Steve

Maarten Schutjes
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Maarten Schutjes »

Congratulations Alex, with your birthday and Comet 21 'the ity of new astle' :D
____________________________________________________________________________________
Interested in animatronics for your tank? Contact me at westfrontcustoms@gmail.com | See examples at http://westfrontcustoms.nl

Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by Alex Easten »

Thanks for the replies guys!

Yep its a fairly roundabout way Paul but I'm happy I've had a chance to rectify all of my mistakes. This is one is home for good.

Bob, I agree its a brilliant birthday present, much better than socks or some new aftershave :P. hopefully the girlfriend will take notice and learn what a real birthay present is hahaha!

Steve, thanks mate!

Maarten, good to hear from you! The ity o ewcastle Comet and I can't wait to come across to The Netherlands (I always say that in my head with a false Amsterdam accent lol) and see you guys again! make sure you keep driver no no no in line!

Cheers,

Alex
Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age