phil fitzpatrick
Been liked: 223 times

Re: PANZER IV BUILD no 012

Post by phil fitzpatrick »

Hi Nick
Welldone sorting out your pic's.
I think it seems to be the width that the new site doesnt like
at the moment.
Yes your rear light looks great,nice work :)
Regards
Phil

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi to all
thanks again Adrian for the help with the pics it takes me a bit longer but i,m getting there.
HI Ray
No centurion for me :( no funds ,but looking forward to your build on the cent congratulations .
HI Phil
yes it is the width thats causing the problem i did what Adrian sugested and reduced the width to 700 pix and they seem to be ok ,they dont half load to photo bucket quick , now they are smaller size :D ,i could make a brew and still be waiting for the pics to up load with the original size :lol: . Here,s the pics of the other light on the right hand side Image
Image i have got a bit of a wait for the electrics to arrive so i will be looking at the hull machinegun workings next . all the best to all ,,,,,,,,,,,,,nick

phil fitzpatrick

Hi Nick
Yes I do like the way you have weathered the lights aswell and also the
look of the dust and dirt you have been putting on,some great textures
in the photo's :)
Ita a shame at the moment about all the pictures that were put on before
that are now too wide. :(
Having said that,I have been having a scout round and some members were already
putting pictures on which must have been below the 750 pixels because they are ok.
Also some members photo's seem to show up as attatchments.
Some of Mick's if you look are attatchments and labeled up as 800 X 600 and there
is a little arrow that showes up to scroll across.
There seems to be pleny of margin on the forum screen to the left of the pic's
doing nothing.
I'm still waiting for my equipment aswell so I cant do any thing else inside the
turret untill the bits are all in.
Doing plenty of reading while I wait.
Regards
Phil

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 818 times

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Nick, I am enjoying your build, I can see you have put many painstaking hours into the Panzer. The detail is excellent, I can be very proud of the end results. Well done.

Mick

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi to all
Hello Mick thanks for your coments, like you this is my second armortek tank and have realy enjoed the build on this one i think i am more settled and know what to expect from the kit so i have found it more relaxing :D and have taken a bit more time over it :lol: i do tend to be a bit impatiant on times :lol: . Well today was going to be tank running day but :( i changed vehicles a while ago and forgot about the ramps to get the tank in my 4x4 my old ramps are one piece and are long my new vehicle is shorter and i carnt get the ramps in due to the lenth :( so pz 111 stayed home and my half track came instead :D http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac10 ... f%20track/ this is the link to some pics taken today ,i had some fun and the weather was good all the best ,,,,,,,,,,,,nick

phil fitzpatrick

Hi Nick
Great pictures of your Half Track,it really does look at home
on your running grounds :)
Nice Vidio Nick,Half Track looks superb and the sound comes over great.
I whached Paul after the 2011 open day take his Tiger up steep ramps into
his 4 X 4 and turn it side ways(Must have ice in his veins :lol:
Keep the Vidio's coming.
Regards
Phil

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

HI TO ALL
I have not got up to a lot of late got too much on my plate :( so yesterday i managed to do the hull machine gun move ment , it is the same sort of system that others have instaled ,but the servo i used is a 360 degree rotation servo so the way i have set it up is the servo just rotates around and around pulling the bare thats attached to the rear of the gun making it move back and forth , i have used similar systems for the pz111 and the half track , each time i have altered it slightly and i hope improved it. i have found that it is simpler to use than having to operate the servo and the gun sound ,this way i should be able to operate the sound and the gun will move from side to side ,hope you like it.Image Image well thats it for a bit all the best to all.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nick

Steve Lewington
Has liked: 8018 times
Been liked: 155 times

Post by Steve Lewington »

Hi Nick
She is looking very good mate glad you are back been missing your posts bud

Best Regards

Steve
There is no time for peace.
No respite.
No forgiveness.
There is only ......WAR.

SdKfz 7 Half Track, 88mm Flak 36, Panzer III, TIGER I Mid 2010, Panzer iv, Sdkfz251, Famo ,Chech Hedgehog x2
Ammo limber, 25 pounder,

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hello steve
good to here from you hope all is well with you .I am having the same trouble that you have had , no spare time :( to tinker with the tank its just as well i have got a bit of a wait for the motion pack and extras , if i had them now i would be going mad ,not being able to fit them :D there are some things i want to do but wont be able to do them until i have got the extas so i can see what room i have got to work with . best wishes to you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nick

Nick Farrugia

what to do with old cans of paint

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi to all
not strictly tanks but here we go ,im sure that like most of you like me have old paint cans in your garage from various jobs on cars bikes models and jobs around the house . I was trying to clean my shed out the other day to make room for my newly accuired compressor and air brushes and paint when i thought its such a wast to throw these old cans out some beeing almost full ,so i decided to use them up if i could ,so a quick rumage arond the shed and at work for some wood and thgis is what i came up with ImageNow its just some tatty old wood nothing special with lots and lots of paint added to it from said cans ,it was black then blue white then red green brown you name it its there with a final coat of green brown white in patches ,i had a lot of fun doing it and i managed to use up all the old cans and made room for my new equipment :lol: Image
Image well thats it again sorry its not tanks but i thought some of you might enjoy it .
all the best ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nick

Steve Lewington
Has liked: 8018 times
Been liked: 155 times

Post by Steve Lewington »

Hi Nick
Love it mate :lol: :lol: looks cool and it dose the job just made for your your airbrush kit.

All the best bud.

Steve
There is no time for peace.
No respite.
No forgiveness.
There is only ......WAR.

SdKfz 7 Half Track, 88mm Flak 36, Panzer III, TIGER I Mid 2010, Panzer iv, Sdkfz251, Famo ,Chech Hedgehog x2
Ammo limber, 25 pounder,

John Fitzsimons
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 381 times

Post by John Fitzsimons »

Very good. I thought you were about to hang it in the living room. Nice set up.

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

HI to all
I have not posted for quit a while i have been waiting for the motion packs and when they arrived my dauter hade her baby boy Lucas so i,m a grandad :D now and things have just got realy hectic . I have tried to do a bit here and there when i can , i thought i would start with the turret ,the recoil bracket and servo and barrel attachment ,i found that the bracket needed to be modified to get it to fit properly but got there in the end sorry theres no pics of the before i did take them but carnt find them on the computer ,so this ios what it looks like now the wires have been coiled up to keep them out of the way . Image
Image I am starting to lay things out in the hull i made the batterie tray with a shelf at the back for the smoke unit ,what seems a large space soon fills up so you wonder if you will get it all in , still not got the hand set yet i did put a post up as to wether the HITEC AURORA 9 CHANNEL WOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE ARMORTEK SYSTEM but i got no reply so perhaps nobody has tried it yet ,i want the extra channels a its a good price too ,any way heres the lay out so far Image
Image well thats it for now will try to do more in the days to come . all the best to all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nick

Ray Brown
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Ray Brown »

G'day Nick,

Good to see you back. You'll love driving it around. It does go quick and run time I've had is well over 1 hour. You're right about space, it disappears quick.

What smoke kit you using?

Cheers
Ray

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

HI Ray
sounds like your having fun with yours ,the smoke unit is the armortek one ,i have added the cylinder for the smoke to pass through, inside there is an impeller that im hoping will go round with the air and smoke going through it and make a chuffing efect like a real exhaust, well thats the idea dont know if it works as yet . ALL THE BEST ,,,,,,,,,,,NICK