PANZER IV BUILD no 012

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer IV
Nick Farrugia

Re: PANZER IV BUILD no 012

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Thanks Mick Phil and John
Hi to all
I just thought to mention again that i perchased a HITEC aurora 2.4gZ 9 CHANNEL TRANSMITER AND RECEIVER for the pziv and have not had any problems with compatability at all and some thing that is very good is the fact that you can alter all the control sticks from the back of the hand set without having to remove the back , you can even dissengage the rachet as well and it reverts to spring loaded ,i think its an excelent piece of kit and the price wasnt bad eather at £270.00 . Image
Image I have set up the machine guns and main gun and recoil and apart from fidling fith the set up and wires im very happy with the out come . Thanks to phil for the wireing diagram on page 10 of this posting it was a great help phil the little relay is very good and easy to set up . Well here,s the vidio of the guns working Image ON the hand set there are two three position swiches i used one for the sound and one for the machineguns and with some mixing the hull machinegun moves of the same swich ,hope you all like it .Best wishes to all ,,,,,,,,,nick just click on the picture

phil fitzpatrick
Been liked: 223 times

Post by phil fitzpatrick »

Hi Nick,
Yes your new Radio looks a good buy,especially with 9 channels,another radio for
Mark's compatibillity list.
I like your exhaust vidio and your gun fire vidio,your Panzer 1V looks very good
on them,your camo shows up great,so you have done a lovely job on it. :)
Regards
Phil

Ray Brown
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Ray Brown »

G'day Nick. Mate, another high standard working model. Well done.

Cheers

Ray

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi phil and Ray
thanks for the compliments ,still some things to do still but i am very pleased how it has all come together . ALL the best ...........nick

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 825 times

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Nick.....I think we can safely say, you cleared everything ahead, with that MG. Great work, a smooth operation. I particularly enjoyed the recoil and flash. I hope to replicate this on my Jagdpanther.....best wishes......Mick

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

HI Mick
thanks for the support i find all the wires a bit daunting ,but once i got started and just did each bit as the book said it was ok :lol: ,i am sure that your panther will look a stunner when its compleat ,thanks for the encoragement ,best wishes ,,,,,,nick

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi to all
Its been a little while since my last post ,i have been side tracked by things beyond my controle ,like being evicted from the spare room and having to find space for all of the tools and things that go with building these models . Having sorted out alll of that i have had to find room for the tanks themselves and this is what i came up with . Image I found some old racking that was beeing thrown out and added an extra shelf and strengthend it all up with extra supports and brackets to take the extra load they take up less ground space and im aloud to keep them in the back room in the house . This is my half track built from scratch Image next is the new addition the pz 1V ,Image this will eventualy be on the bottom shelf ,but at the moment the pz111 has got flat batteries that wont take a charge so has got to go on the bottome shelf for the moment untill i get them sorted , the pz1V is the heavier so would be better on the bottome shelf . next is said pz111 . Image With all the exra brackets and suports i added it didnt move or flex when i drove the pz1V up on to the second shelf ,i am very relieved at that :D .Hope you like it all the best to all ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nick

phil fitzpatrick
Been liked: 223 times

Post by phil fitzpatrick »

Hi Nick
Very resourcefull,turning a defeat into victory :lol:
I thought you must have had to lift them up there,until I
read down to the bottom of your post.
Your Half track looks very nice with that "propa dirt" on the tracks
and wheels.
Nice one
Cheers
Phil

John Fitzsimons
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 382 times

Post by John Fitzsimons »

Nick ,great display, regarding batteries. I had an old set that the optimate charger could'nt charge. Completely discharged. Hooked them up to an oldfashioned charger and got a little bit of power in. The optimate then recognised the batteries and charged as normal.

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi Phil
I was a bit worried about the waight of them all,but they have been there for a week now and no sign of any movement at all , :D what a relief :lol:
yes the real mud does look better ,the misses doesnt think so :lol: ,the half track is light enough to lift up on the top shelf ,just about :shock:
Hi john
thanks for the tip on the batteries i will give it a go .I dont know why but the batteries seem to run down if left for a month or more where the half track holds it,s charge very well it,s some thing i will have to lookat when i get more time .
Thank you for your replies All the best,,,,,,,,,,,,, nick

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

20130105_175707.jpg
Hi to alljust trying pics up from my tablet

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

20130105_181137.jpg
20130105_181158.jpg
Well that went ok would like to make them a bit bigger I will now try two pics

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

20130105_182212.jpg
Hi all
I have been having trouble with photo bucket , putting pics up and viewing other people, s vidio, s from my samsung tablet so I have been experimenting with picks and then I will have a go at vidio strait from the tablet to this forum . I have changed the quality of the pics as well , so its not new pics as such , but its the only way I can tell if its any better

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1383 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Nice collection Nick :D

The pictures come out OK but they're a bit big. I have my screen resolution set to 1920x1200 and they're still off the screen so I only get the upper left quarter.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Thanks Adrian
I will try and reduce it .
All the best ,,,,,, nick