Reference Books

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer IV
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1196 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Reference Books

Post by Adrian Harris »

I'm getting a set of plans from Gill shortly and will be making a DAK F1 or F2 to go with my Panzer III.

What books would people recommend for assisting with the construction of a Panzer IV :?:

I've bought the Panzer Tracts and Achtung Panzer books for the III but the IV versions of these seem very scarce :cry: There also seem to be a couple of Trojca books about the IV - does anyone have these and feel able to comment on their content :?:

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Mike Kasputis
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Mike Kasputis »

If you can find them (Panzer Tracts and Achtung Panzer) get them they are the best ones out there.
Other books that I have are : "Panzer IV & Its Variants" by Walter Spielberger, "Panzer IV" by Kevin Hjermstad from Squadron, "Panzer IV in Combat" - Tankograd Wehrmacht special #4006, "Pzkpfw.IV Tank Series" published by Sunday Art Publications, "Modelling the Early Panzer IV" from Osprey, "Tanks in Detail PzKpfw Ausf A to J" by Jonathan Forty.
Some may be hard to find.

Tim Bowman
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Tim Bowman »

Hi Adrian

Ditto what Mike said. :) (except substitute modeling the Late Panzer IV for 'Early'. :D

I have an extra copy of the Achtung Panzer No. 3 "Panzerkampfwagen IV" if you have a hard time locating one let me know. It's probably one of my favorites of the collection.

I thought I had a Trojca book but can't find it at the moment. Will see if I can find it to remind me what it was like.

Can't wait to see your project
Tim
"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." – Erwin Rommel

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Thanks guys.

I've managed to secure the Osprey Modelling books, plus the two Trojca books on the Panzer IV.

Still no luck with the Panzer Tracts or Achtung Panzer :cry:

Thanks for the offer of the book Tim - I may well take you up on that if I don't find it available over here.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

John Fitzsimons
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 381 times

Re: Reference Books

Post by John Fitzsimons »

Which issue of Panzer Tracts is for Panzer IV. Just starting to gather some reference material in advance. Have seen a copy of Actung Panzer but quite expensive. Also. it appears to be in Japanese?

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Panzer Tracts No 4 is for the Panzer IV.

The Achtung Panzer books are mainly in Japanese but the important photos and drawings are also subtitled in English.

I also bought the two Trojca books on the Panzer IV and have to say I'm quite disappointed. There are quite a few faint line drawings of complete tanks, but no detailed parts and the quality of the included photos is quite poor - too grainy to see any real detail.

Adrian.

Robert Allsop

Post by Robert Allsop »

There is a reasonable cut away and paint jobs shown in the Osprey "Panzerkampfwagen 1V Medium Tank 1936 - 1945" by Bryan Perrett

Bob
This really takes boys toys to a new high!

John Fitzsimons

Thanks guys, got Panzer IV & Its Variants" by Walter Spielberger and Achtung Panzer . Thats a start.

Panzer IV & Its Variants Amazon
Achtung Panzer Ebay

John Fitzsimons

Some books to date.

Nice book crammed with great drawings. Drawings are to scale of 1/35,1/48 . Beats trying to take measurements from a plastic model. Some colour camo paterns in the centre. Only 31 pages though.

Excellent book with lots of detail drawings and photos. Covers all versions including some helpful drawings of the bridging version for anybody interested. Bit pricy though.

Lots of great drawings and photos. Geared towards modeller. Very clear drawings of parts but most of the text in Japanese. Mainly pictures and drawings though and important stuff in english also.

I picked this up in a model shop in Berlin recently. This copy is in German but maybe available in english also. For detailed drawings I put this at top of the class. Excellent photos also. Plus price is good at 19.95 euro.

Here is a link to the model shop in Berlin. They have a vast library of military books including a lot of the hard to find books mentioned on this forum. many in english. Also DVDs and even military music CDs.
http://www.zinnfigur.com/Books/DE_Books_New_Set.asp

Ray Brown
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Ray Brown »

i have some pdf books of panzer tracts 14 & a couple of others but i think they're in spanish or italian.

file is 41mb.

also flakpanzer 21mb

Ray Brown
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Ray Brown »

osprey carro medio panzer 4 is good but spanish. good interior picturs.

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Great ideas guys. I worry about getting Speilberger books in case they are just rehashes of previous books, especially when they all seem to be over 30 quid each :shock:

Adrian.

John Fitzsimons

Adrian, The german Spielberger book I mentioned earlier is not the same as panzer IV and its variants. Much better photos and drawings. COST 20 EURO. Lots of drawings of detail parts. Think i have enough now on the Panzer IV now. Some camo schemes and unit information would be useful.

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Thanks John :D

Whilst looking on Amazon, I notice that there is a matching Spielberger book for the Tiger.

Does anyone have one of these and feel able to comment on its content ?

Adrian.

John Fitzsimons

They had the whole series in the Berlin shop. Sorry I did'nt pick up the Tiger book. Might get it for Christmas.