20mm cannon

Forum for discussion relating to the Sdkfz 222
Jeffrey Goff
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 737 times

20mm cannon

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

Well it has been a year since I touched the 222, and I am going to try and model the main gun and pedestal mount, as I am working from pictures, I did not know where to start? pedestal mount and work up, or gun and work down, as I had a rough idea on the size of the gun I started there, this is what I did today.
lots more detail to be added to the main gun
regards Jeff

Allan Richards
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Allan Richards »

Hi,

I'm glad to see that you are back on the 222. The cannon looks good and I look forward to seeing more pictures of the build. I managed to source some tyres and rims for the 1/6th dragster but I am currently decorating and winning some brownie points, so will not start modelling until next month.
Allan Richards

Bodo Langbehn
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Bodo Langbehn »

Hi Jeff,

I have taken a look about the masses. For the 2 cm Flak 38 I have found the complete length is about 2252,5 mm ; without barrel 1257,5 mm.

I hope to see more pics from your 222

Bodo

Jeffrey Goff
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 737 times

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

I did a bit more on the main gun, its slow going as I try to reference photos to get an idea of the shape and how it fixed together, so today I made the side brackets, and the recoil slide that they fix to, and the main box frame with the damper spring inside, and the elevation gear underneath
regards Jeff

simon_manning
Been liked: 1627 times

Post by simon_manning »

i am trying to convay a sense of admiration without repeating myself, nice work jeff, ithink iv'e said that before, regards simon

Tim Bowman
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Tim Bowman »

Like Simon, I do not want to sound repetitive but can't help myself. Excellent work Jeff as always.

Glad to see this project on the forum again.

kind regards
Tim
"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." – Erwin Rommel