M3 roller

Forum for discussion relating to the M2/M3 and M16 US Half Track
Tony Read

M3 roller

Post by Tony Read »

Hi, quick question for Mark. Will it be possible to have the front roller option on the M3? Both my M3's have rollers, indeed many more halftracks were equipped with rollers than winches.

The prototype pictures look mighty fine. One slight quibble though, the profile of the main suspension casting does not look quite right.
For T19 halftrack restoration project go to: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/stourvalleys ... rack_1.htm

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Post by Armortek »

Tony

Yes the roller can be supplied and fitted with the M3 or with the M16 if anyone prefers it. The winch is shown on the pictures for illustration purposes. The main suspension casting profile has been modified since these illustrations were done. Well spotted!

Mark
Armortek

Tony Read

Post by Tony Read »

Thanks Mark! Do you have a close-up shot of the front wheel?

Can I persuade Armorpax or someone to produce the early truck-style head lights and brush guards??????
For T19 halftrack restoration project go to: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/stourvalleys ... rack_1.htm

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 1100 times

Post by Dave Dibb (Armorpax) »

Maybe, will see how some of the first parts go and if we get the interest will expand what we look at,

cheers

Dave
www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi David,

we have had a long list of parts to do for the basic M2's and I have only so many hours in the day, The main work on the Quad will commence in the New Year although some parts have already been done such as the mags and some of the work on the 50 cals themselves.

The early headlights and guards may happen depending how far I go modifying the 21st C WSC I am mucking around with at the moment.

The early style wheels are not something we are likely to tackle,

Best regards

Dave
www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

I decided to replace the headlights on the 21st C WSC I'm doing up so have made a master for the headlamp bowl, a little more work to do on the brush guard and lense and then will drop these into a mould to make the pair I need. This means they will be available for those that have asked but as the quantities are likely to be quite small I will probably only do them in resin,

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi David,

thanks for the comments, glad you like what I'm doing with it. Not sure how far I will go on the underneath, probably only change the most noticeable items and put what spare time I have into the upper works and maybe the engine. I like to try and build something for me every now and again but Armorpax takes up the bulk of my spare time, I can easily justify the WSC though as many of the parts are suitable for the halftracks :wink: .

Will post details of the headlights and any other new parts in the craftsmans Market when they are all done and available,

cheers

Dave
www.armorpax.net

Tony Read

Post by Tony Read »

Hi Dave,

Put me down for a set of those babies too - spot on for my halftrack!