single stick steering

An unofficial resource of techniques, information and best practice to help you get most from your Armortek model.
davidvincent

single stick steering

Post by davidvincent »

Looking for help to set up my hetzer with single stick drive and steer. I have got all the other functions working [ gun slew, gun elevation ] working on the left stick, sound, recoil, drive forward and reverse [on the right stick] but I can't get my head around how to set up the steering. i know this question is asked a lot but i can't find the answer on the forum. I am using a Frsky Taranis X9D plus 2019 transmitter and frsky rx8r receiver. Thanks from a frustrated Hetzer owner.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1341 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Re: single stick steering

Post by Adrian Harris »

You need to make two mixes using the two channels which are connected to the tracks.

Assuming they are CH1 and CH2, you would create two mixes as below:

CH1 = 100 I RSUD
+= 100 I RSLR
CH2 = 100 I RSUD
+= -100 I RSLR

On the Input screen, I name the stick directions as RS (Right Stick) and LS (Left Stick) with UD (Up/Down) and LR (Left/Right), so that I know on later screens which stick and which direction is being used, as RUD, AIL etc makes no sense to me.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

davidvincent

Re: single stick steering

Post by davidvincent »

Many thanks for that will delve back into the tank to see.