2024 Armortek Kit Survey

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
John Clarke
Been liked: 1625 times

Re: 2024 Armortek Kit Survey

Post by John Clarke »

DB Cooper runs the local chip shop, he got a little battered leaving the plane but he was always been happy fryer. :D
He does Elvis Impersonations too,
Thankyou very much. :lol:

M1A2
Wael, the Leo's still available, but where else are you going to get a jet engine in a tank?

Humm, A Cheiftain 8)

Money's now on the 88.
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3059 times

Post by Armortek »

Wael Hazin wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:53 am
How can the M1A1 not even be in the top 3, there has got to be more of those produced now than any other tank on the the list if I recall correctly. Man, I really want one. It’s the only reason I didn’t put a deposit on the leopard.
I must say I was surprised by the M1A1 result as well. Not something I would have predicted.

Last week we used some Artificial "Inteligence" tools to tell us what kit we should make ...... the top three suggestions ... a Tiger 1, a T34 and .... wait for it ... a Maus!

The last clue before we announce the next kit is that it is not a tank.
Armortek

Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by Alex Easten »

I've got everything crossed it's the SDKFZ 222!
Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Knew it. :D
Now if the CVR(t) Aka Scimitar had been a little cheaper. :wink:
(AI's still got Trump in a with chance :lol: The bookies run AI)

Armortek
Site Admin

Post by Armortek »

Here is what ChatGPT says the order should be:

1. M1AI Abrams Tank - This modern American main battle tank is a popular subject due to its extensive use in recent conflicts and its iconic status.

2. Challenger 2 Tank - As a modern British main battle tank, this also has high interest, particularly among collectors interested in modern military equipment.

3. FLAK 88 Field Gun - A highly famous WWII German artillery piece, known for its versatility and historical significance in numerous theaters of war.

4. SD KFZ 251 German Halftrack - This is one of the most widely recognized German WWII vehicles, known for its role in various roles from personnel carrier to mobile gun platform.

5. SD KFZ 222 German Armoured Car - Known for its distinctive appearance and reconnaissance roles in WWII, which makes it popular among WWII enthusiasts.

6. SD KFZ 7 German Halftrack - While also a WWII vehicle, it is generally less iconic than the SD KFZ 251 but still of interest due to its use as a troop transporter and artillery tractor.

7. M2 US Halftrack - This American WWII vehicle is well-known but might rank lower in popularity compared to the more distinctive or heavily used German WWII models.

8. CVR(T) - This family of British light armoured vehicles might be less known among the general public compared to the more famous or visually distinctive tanks and military vehicles, thus potentially less popular in the model world.
Armortek

Chris.Marshall
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Chris.Marshall »

"Last week we used some Artificial "Inteligence" tools to tell us what kit we should make ...... the top three suggestions ... a Tiger 1, a T34 and .... wait for it ... a Maus!"

See..... I was right 8) 8) 8) Even A.I. thinks the Maus is a good idea...... - So.. there has already been been a T34, and A Tiger 1 - so that's right on the money. The Maus is 'naturally' next..... That is also possibly a VERY good reason not to trust A.I. :D

Enjoying the guessing..... All the best,

Chris.
Tiger 1 Early - (Kit42) - Still boxed.

David Brady
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 626 times

Post by David Brady »

Armortek wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 2:01 pm
Thanks to everyone who voted.

The survey is now closed - we have a bunch of data to go through and will compile the results.

Hopefully we will be able to announce the next kit on Wednesday.

To the one person who voted for a Maus (that would be you DB) ... sorry :wink:

Kian
Thanks Kian - out of curiosity how many would need to be produced for a Maus to be viable.

All best,
DB

Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by Alex Easten »

David Brady wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:57 am
Armortek wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 2:01 pm
Thanks to everyone who voted.

The survey is now closed - we have a bunch of data to go through and will compile the results.

Hopefully we will be able to announce the next kit on Wednesday.

To the one person who voted for a Maus (that would be you DB) ... sorry :wink:

Kian
Thanks Kian - out of curiosity how many would need to be produced for a Maus to be viable.

All best,
DB
I like your thinking.

Time to face it Kian...the Maus is inevitable *insert evil laugh*
Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Just for the curious, if it weigh's over twice the weight of a Tiger with all that extra prototecnical armor (Maus) Does it cost twice as a much as a Tiger to buy?
With my practical hat on, I don't see the minimum 30 to 50 people queuing up for one.
Fun yes, practical no. The Germans found that out the hard way!

Oh yes, the Astra's suspension also say's "Nooo" :roll:

Derek Attree
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Guys
I have my long awaited Jagdpanther coming so for me I would only go for the 222 as run out of room.
Hence why I have recently sold my Ferdinand, famo , comet and pac43.
To clear space for still to build Easy 8 and Lee and a 25pounder kit I bought from Adrian at the open day .

Regards Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

Simon Peck
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Simon Peck »

An Armortek Maus would probably weigh close to 400kg. Would it even fit on the Armortek machining equipment? I think (no insider knowledge!) the 222 was one of the slowest selling kits there’s been? I’d possibly go for a half track or a Sherman used by UK in Normandy.

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 2047 times

Post by Stephen White »

Well, if the Maus is impracticable, how about this as a substitute? Fiat 2000, would appeal to First World War interests, and - just like the Maus - was an utterly impractical, useless and misconceived vanity project, or simply, wrong concept, wrong scale, wrong design, wrong time, wrong place. Excellent idea for consuming strategic materials at a time of shortage, when they could better be used almost anywhere else. Would make a wonderful mobile bath unit.

442439117_453149583909386_5333636363721453902_n.jpg
442439117_453149583909386_5333636363721453902_n.jpg (53.76 KiB) Viewed 192 times

Jae-seung Roe
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Jae-seung Roe »

:D
simon_manning wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:19 am
D.B. Cooper, The guy who jumped out of a Passenger jet with all the cash, he now lives in Seaford, west Sussex.

Armortek
Site Admin

Post by Armortek »

David Brady wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:57 am

I can safely say we would never make the Maus - for one, we would need to outsource a lot of work because our machines do not have the travel for such big plates in 1:6 scale. Then there is the question of weight - none of us will want to handle material that heavy. It's enough work when we have to pack up 50 kits weighing 100kg - with all that material handling and moving of parts or boxes, that works out to us manhandling around 15 to 20 tons of metal. I think I recall the armour was 9" on the front - thats 1.5" in scale or 38mm. :o

Then there is always the issue that designing the tank would need a lot of guess work - I am not aware of any detailed dimensions and drawings of the parts but I could be wrong. Never spent the time looking.
Armortek

Mark Weiss
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Mark Weiss »

Kian,
Since were on the subject of very large projects, I know we have joked about the Dragon Wagon, but would something like that ever be viable in your eyes? Maybe as a two part kit, tractor first then trailer. Or do you see it as just too large to be marketable or just not popular enough to ever make it to the top of the survey?

And again I love the survey as it keeps the conversation in the models alive.