Armorteks next model

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
John Burden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Armorteks next model

Post by John Burden »

Link not working here either

Nick Chiocchio
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Nick Chiocchio »

I just submitted it, I used my iphone.
Nick C.

Damon Resch
Has liked: 679 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Damon Resch »

I just voted too!

keithbraun
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by keithbraun »

Managed to get through by using my phone. Voted for a truck chassis and cab leaving the owner to decide which variant to build. Suggested a AEC, Opel or Ford/GMC the later being the best looker. Also suggested the rare 12t armoured artillery half track. I think that the only one that exists is the one pulled out of a river in Poland.

Mark Weiss
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Mark Weiss »

I went with the M25 Dragon Wagon, how awesome of a kit would that be, especially with the armored cab M26. There are pics of the M25 towing a Panther, a Hetzer and a Jadgtiger so it would work with many of our models. It would be 10 feet long, but so cool. One can dream...

Tim Carr
Has liked: 1907 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Tim Carr »

M25 Dragon Wagon
How Cool!!

Der Strabokran
Would look great.

Yes, I voted but forgot the above add ins

Looking for WW2 Willys Jeep and Kettenkraftrad also.

VOTE everyone.

Later Tim
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

keithbraun
Has liked: 22 times

Post by keithbraun »

When you think about it. Armortek has to produce something that is financially viable. Customers in countries all over the world would like to see kits that may be relevant to the individual. Something popped up on a social media site the other day and I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned it before. That would be the Soviet T-54/55. Most produced tank (100,000) and used by 47 different nations. Just a thought.

Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by Alex Easten »

In my opinion re-releasing the SDKFZ 222 at the £2000 price point mentioned on the survey is a great idea. An accessible first Armortek kit, both price wise, and fit in the boot of a hatchback wise, with combat cred, and it looks right.
Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

Aaron Cheng
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Aaron Cheng »

For me personally, I think aiming to release smaller, more logistically simple kits would be an idea to consider. I'm assuming anything 20th century is fair game, so vehicles like an M113, Carro Veloce 33, Wiesel AWC, or even wheeled platforms like the Ferret would open up the market to a wider audience.

As for the current vote, My main interests are in the mid-late cold war era as opposed to WWII, so the M1A1, CVRT and Challenger 2 would get my votes.

simon_manning
Been liked: 1614 times

Post by simon_manning »

SDKFZ 250, Halftrack. Small easy to handle, interesting build possibilities,

Damon Resch
Has liked: 679 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Damon Resch »

Hopefully Armortek will list, by order of popularity, the AFV kits that don’t make the Final Cut into production. Perhaps they will be on the next year’s survey. I bet it’s an interesting mix of vehicles.

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Not sure if my replies made it in to the survey. Got a message that it had closed when I submitted.
I would have preferred a Challenger 1 rather than Challenger 2, having been trained to fix Chieftain 85/86 then spent many years supporting Challenger 1 both at first & second line, before going on to Challenger 2 01/07.
I thought I had failed one part of the conversion test as there was an unspecified fault on one system I was supposed to find & fix, did my normal whilst dropping down through the commanders hatch, hands flying everywhere checking and tightening cable connections, tanks vibrate, things work loose.
Then spent 90 minutes testing & re-testing without finding any fault symptoms. For me the whole turret was fully serviceable and I would have had no qualms about sending the crew back into battle.
I then gave up & reported to the instructor that I could not locate the fault. Apart from the previous student having left a particular cable slightly loose, I could detect nothing wrong. That was the fault I was supposed to find and I had rectified it within the first 30 seconds

Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by Alex Easten »

Mark Heaps wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:35 pm
Not sure if my replies made it in to the survey. Got a message that it had closed when I submitted.
I would have preferred a Challenger 1 rather than Challenger 2, having been trained to fix Chieftain 85/86 then spent many years supporting Challenger 1 both at first & second line, before going on to Challenger 2 01/07.
I thought I had failed one part of the conversion test as there was an unspecified fault on one system I was supposed to find & fix, did my normal whilst dropping down through the commanders hatch, hands flying everywhere checking and tightening cable connections, tanks vibrate, things work loose.
Then spent 90 minutes testing & re-testing without finding any fault symptoms. For me the whole turret was fully serviceable and I would have had no qualms about sending the crew back into battle.
I then gave up & reported to the instructor that I could not locate the fault. Apart from the previous student having left a particular cable slightly loose, I could detect nothing wrong. That was the fault I was supposed to find and I had rectified it within the first 30 seconds

I agree, if Challenger 1 had been the option on the survey, I would have said I'd buy it tomorrow, buy if the Chally 2 is made, I'm sure it'll sell very well!
Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

Chris.Marshall

Post by Chris.Marshall »

Sorry to Butt in......

I really want a challenger 2. - but please not this year.... Just bought a Tiger 1 and need to save up again. :wink:

All the best and certainly looking g forward to the result. It's 'Eurovision' soon. so maybe we can maybe have the results delivered by the Luxembourg Jury :D

All the best

Chris.
Tiger 1 Early - (Kit42) - Still boxed.

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

I am not sure that the Challenger 2 would sell well at this time, I do not think the customer base is there yet and will not be for a few years to come.( requires those who only served on Chally 2 reaching full pensionable age )
Armortek were unsure about producing Chieftain until enough of us put our money where our mouth is and comitted to purchasing one if it was made.
It will be the Challenger 1 generation of crews that now have the spare money to afford one of these kits and although they may have served on Challenger 2 late on in their careers, I think they would want the Challenger 1 over the Challenger 2, the same way those who started on Chieftain then went on to Chally 1 would want a Chiefy first then a Chally 1.