'Gunther', my Panther G

David Battson
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 230 times

Re: Chieftain MK3 Build

Post by David Battson »

John Clarke wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:36 pm
Very nice, 8) but I'm trying to imagine what sort of forces are you expecting on the splash guard?
Hi John, if I knew the answer to that one I'd try and avoid the situation in the first place. Unfortunately I'm rather conflicted with this hobby, as much as I like to see the details, I also like to see the models used like tanks rather than shelf queens. The movement and capability of these 1/6 metal models is for me their USP and my main reason for getting involved. Inevitably accidents will happen, whether it's a careless slip of the controls in the tank park or misjudging the terrain out on the range.
which door.jpg
which door.jpg (49.28 KiB) Viewed 919 times

slip.jpg

At a recent show my Comet managed something akin to laying a fascine... but in reverse - it picked up a sand bag with the tracks and draped it over the glacis and turret side, bending all my extra details. fortunately because of Chieftain I hadn't got around to adding all the nice Armorpax white metal parts otherwise there would have been real carnage - the driver still doesn't look best pleased !

comet.jpg

David

John Clarke
Been liked: 1657 times

Re: Chieftain MK3 Build

Post by John Clarke »

Great pictures David,
(Chieftain 1, building 0, Ditch 1, Chieftain 0)

At first I was considering you were worried about FPV drones, But when Marco wrote:
Marco Peter wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:47 am
Little children standing in the way. 8)
It took me back to a time when the only 1/6 scale MTB model that could be brought was fibre glass hulled, where on one day out and about I took the deck off to do something to the models control gear. While my back was turned and bent down, a I child had stepped up and stood on the deck trying to look over my shoulder. His guardian standing close by, allowed the child to do this. While I was impressed with the strength of the deck and I was of course concerned for the child's welfare and I did muttered something colourful to the guardian!

General public :roll:

So, expect the unexpected!
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type