M7 Priest

Forum for discussion relating to the Sherman.
jseverett
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

M7 Priest

Post by jseverett »

Dave,
Great job!
Jim

Jim Slothower

Post by Jim Slothower »

Excellent workmanship. Looking forward to the finished model.

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 1104 times

Post by Dave Dibb (Armorpax) »

Hi All,

With everything else packed for the Armortek open day this weekend I spent the last 2 nights working on the M7 again. Managed to get the gun support made. Still need to make the shortened fixed trails.

Cheers

Dave

www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

With the Armortek open day out of the way, the Quad stripped and sent to my casters (I won't repeat his comments when he saw how many parts :oops: ) I have some time on my hands so back to the M7.

Gun mount and fixed trails fitted and started work on the floor plates.

Cheers

Dave

www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Gunners seat done and added.

Cheers

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Fabrice Le Roux
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Fabrice Le Roux »

Dave,

Smashing model.

Looking at it makes me think it was a crappy place to fight a war from. Totally exposed to air burst counter-battery fire, no protection for all that stowed ammo ,freezing cold or boiling hot depending on the elements. Grim. Same can said of the Wespe and Hummel, of course.

Make one see ARTY blokes in a different light!

cheers, Fabrice

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Grouser boxes added to the front glacis.

Cheers

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Rear Deck detail done and tools loose fitted. I won't add the straps until final painting and weathering.

Cheers

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Front clamp and fittings done for the Kidde extinguisher, just need to mould this now to get the two I need and can add them to the M7,

Cheers

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Dave,
Your M7 Priest is beyond words. An absolute masterpiece and one of a kind. I'm enjoying every post. You are a master of the plastic, the detail is incredible. Keep up the great work.

Congrats on the new addition to the family as well. :D
Kind regards, Bob

Allan Richards
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Allan Richards »

Dave,

This is one stunning model that is really coming alive with the adding of the detail, you must be proud of it. Keep the build photos coming.
Allan Richards

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Got the floor plates done and a coat of primer on the rear deck. I took a few hours off from family stuff and legged it down to the sunshine of the Easton Front for a few hours. Finally managed to get some outdoor shots of the M7 and a couple of side views that are difficult with the space limitations of my workshop.

Picked up all the machined parts that Howard of the UKTC has done for me, to fill the shortages in bogey components, as I only had half of some of the parts and unmachined road wheel castings. Plastic I can do but my metalwork skills these days fall well short of the mark. Howard has done a superb job and I now have 6 complete bogey assemblies underway.

It should now only be a short while until the M7 is finally sitting on its tracks.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

Had a quick go with the new stamps for the shells. Need to practice and use slightly thicker paint but results are not bad. I'll have another go when I do the final paint job. My thanks to Tim who as well as doing these has done a stamp to do the Fibre Shell Tubes.

Best regards

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)

Hi All,

I finally got round to playing with the dash I got from East Coast Armoury and the M series dash Decal from Johns Stuff (Monkey Depot). I've cut the dials and plaques from the decal and, after applying, coated them with 3 coats of Humbrol gloss coat. I've replaced the moulded in pips that represent the screw heads with 12ba brass screws and its ready to be finished and weathered when I get to that stage.

Cheers

Dave

www.armorpax.net

Paul Morris
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Paul Morris »

Hi Dave.
Wow this is really coming along now mate you are motoring :) I guess you need to get on with it before your good lady see's through the male selective deafness that seems to come on in the night when the baby's crying and lets us fellas get a good nights kip :lol: . Only kidding the model is great a lot of work in that control panel well done keep going.
Cheers Paul :wink:
Paul's Tank Workshop. Complete Tank builds and re builds zimmerit and paint to museum quality standard. pjtigerman@aol.com
01524 720977
https://www.facebook.com/PaulsTankWorkshop