Neil's early Tiger 1 (2023)

Forum for discussion relating to Tiger 1, Mid, Early, Late Production and Sturmtiger
neil graham
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 246 times

Back into it: Neil's early Tiger 1 (2023)

Post by neil graham »

After a family holiday to Japan, got back into things in earnest.

Grates and hinges all sanded, degreased & etched.
thumbnail_IMG_6053.jpg
Putting the hinges together. One of them was perfect but the other one did not open more than about 30 degrees, it was jamming (see picture)
thumbnail_IMG_6056.jpg
Filed it down until a test fit was smooth
thumbnail_IMG_6058.jpg
I have done all the deck detail except for the clamps. I discovered that the rope clamp latch piece (CP0293) had an alignment issue, not sure why but all four of them are the same. The larger clamp type in the same bag were perfect length but where the hole aligns seems quite different. In the pic below the pin holes are perfectly aligned on both of these. The dremel will get another outing to try fix these.
thumbnail_IMG_6071.jpg
Those square bolts were all very cool looking but I was glad when I had done the last one up. I am using nylocs so getting them all done up was fiddly, used needle nosed pliers to hold the heads.
Ready for priming
Ready for priming
Primed, but needing a touch up mainly due to a bug landing and getting stuck!
Primed, but needing a touch up mainly due to a bug landing and getting stuck!

Sean-Armortek
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Neil's early Tiger 1 (2023)

Post by Sean-Armortek »

Potentially.... the short top clamps you slotted previously for the jack clamp were the correct ones for these shorter rope clamps. There's about 2mm difference between them iirc.

neil graham
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 246 times

Re: Neil's early Tiger 1 (2023)

Post by neil graham »

Sean-Armortek wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:57 am
Potentially.... the short top clamps you slotted previously for the jack clamp were the correct ones for these shorter rope clamps. There's about 2mm difference between them iirc.
That would make sense....either way, these are a cosmetic detail and I am not complaining! Gives me a good excuse to get the dremel out :-)