New electronics in August

Covering Transmitters/ receivers, wiring schematics, requests for new options, etc
Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3334 times

Re: New electronics in August

Post by Armortek »

Phil Woollard wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:20 pm
An important question please Armortek regarding the current motion control module.
Will the new audio module be compatible with the current motion control module, ie if you have the current motion module and now require an audio module will we need to upgrade to the new system?
Yes, the new audio module remains backwards compatible.
Armortek

Ray Brown
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Ray Brown »

Is/will the new setup be compatible with the Futaba 10J.

Cheers
Ray

John Clarke
Been liked: 1709 times

Post by John Clarke »

I'm sure hoping there'll be good with the Futaba 10c fasst 2.4ghz system too.
Armortek's (2009ish) earlier boxes didn't like the Futaba 14 channel R6014 HS receiver. For some reason channel 3 & 4 didn't work.
Never got to try the Corona R14FA compatible receiver (not available at the time).
Soon find out. :lol:
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Armortek
Site Admin

Post by Armortek »

At long last the new generation of electronics are ready - shipping will start from next week as documentation is updated and option packs are packed.
Thanks for your patience whilst we have been working behind the scenes to get everything working together in as user-friendly a way as possible.

Some of the key improvements are:
Battery isolator switch - completely cuts off power to the electronics in the model
Battery charge indicator – providing an indication of the battery charge so you are not caught short.
4 proportional channels – an increase from the 3 proportional channels with the previous electronics
Improved driving experience – remapped deceleration profile to replicate even more realistic movements of the vehicle.
Increased volume & better speakers – providing 2 channels at 60W
Industry standard connectors - simplifying the power connections between the components.
Smaller "boxes" - Although there are more "boxes" now, they are smaller in size allowing them to be tucked away.

Some images of the new electronics:
Power distribution module with industry standard user friendly connectors
Power distribution module with industry standard user friendly connectors
Motion Control A with clear labelling on the wiring
Motion Control A with clear labelling on the wiring
Motion Control for Turret Turn and Gun Elevation in turreted tanks or winch in the quads
Motion Control for Turret Turn and Gun Elevation in turreted tanks or winch in the quads
Recoil Module
Recoil Module
80A Isolator
80A Isolator
Armortek

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 1020 times
Been liked: 2090 times

Post by Stephen White »

A major enhancement, very welcome. Looking forward to running it with the more powerful power train in the Chieftain. The increased memory in the Bendini TBS Mini V2 sound card will be especially useful. Thanks Kian.

Steve Norris
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 688 times

Post by Steve Norris »

They look very nice and a worthwhile upgrade to the electronics. It looks like a far more logical set up with everything well labelled and laid out.
I know in the past that the connecting up of the various modules and associated rc cables has been a bit of a black art especially for the first time buyers and even now after doing this many times I still find myself double and triple checking before powering up.
Regards
Steve

Christoffer Ahlfors
Has liked: 690 times
Been liked: 298 times

Post by Christoffer Ahlfors »

Very nice looking! :D

How does the battery charge indicator work? Is that not chemistry dependent?
A little too much is about right...

Chris Hall
Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 666 times

Post by Chris Hall »

Looks interesting ..... but I'll need to read the instructions before I come close to understanding it all !

Which pack handles the 'pre-programmed' gun actions, like with the Mark IV and the promised one for the M3 ?

Look forward to hearing more about it at the Open Day,

Chris
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

David Battson
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 232 times

Post by David Battson »

Hi Kian,
Very well done with this new product, looking forward to using the more powerful and smaller electrical systems. One question though, please can you confirm whether or not the new Audio Module supports the older 'quick back/slow return' recoil servo systems ? If so, is it going to be the early system which powered the servo down on return or the later constant power version (the early system was much better as the latter results in permanent servo chatter).

David

michael hilton
Has liked: 1565 times
Been liked: 835 times

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning everyone, great news, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of these 'options'. I know it's not easy to expose the 'internals' in these models however, on the occasions I have been asked ' what makes the tank run' I take great pleasure in showing what goes on within and mainly unseen.
With some thought and planning during the build, it is possible to reveal if asked, at least some of options. The new coloured boxes look very professional. Nice one Armortek. Can't wait :) ....Mick

Phil Young
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Phil Young »

Morning all.
Well done Kian and his backroom band of wiggly wizards! I look forward to hearing my Tiger 1 & 2 at last!
Phil.

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Looking good 8)

Love to know more about the sound module,

Is it programmable?

Can you easily control volume on the amp?

Can it control main gun flash, main gun smoke and aux machine gun?

and finally can it control exhaust smoke output, (fan speed)?

This last one was a great option with the Benedini sound modules.

So many questions :lol:

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1341 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Once I get the pack for the M3 Lee, I'll be able to check my fan control module is compatible with the new wiring.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Armortek
Site Admin

Post by Armortek »

At the open day there will be a table set up with the new electronics laid out and working so you can see (and test) how it all fits together and works.

To answer a few of the questions raised:
• The electronics themselves have been designed to be backwards compatible with the last two generations of electronics (i.e going back to 2010). That is not to say that arts will not work with earlier equipment, but we would need to look at them on an case by case basis.
The connectors are not all backwards compatible, but that is a relatively easy fix and we will provide adaptor cables where needed. It does mean that if you order something for an older generation of electronics, we will need details on what you currently have installed and how. photographs will be KEY.

• M3 Gun pack - this is not shown in the photographs as it is a bespoke product just for the M3 Lee/ Grant.

• Recoil - the only recoil options supported are the never "Cam" system and the older powered servo system.

• The Exhaust Smoke fan is (as it was in the last 2 versions of electronics) powered by the main drive output. The fan comes on when the tank starts moving and stops a few seconds after the tank stops moving.
Armortek

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Thanks for the quick response to my questions, sadly I cannot make the open day, but hope the display will answer many of our questions and not just the electronics package.
LOPP :D

Lots of pictures please.