Is there any merit in....

Covering Transmitters/ receivers, wiring schematics, requests for new options, etc
mark lawson
Has liked: 2478 times
Been liked: 443 times

Re: Is there any merit in....

Post by mark lawson »

Hi Pete, this jeep has been posted on your own forum, UKTC and SAG a few years ago.
The wheels and tyres originally came from http://www.skorpti.de/ unfortunately he ceased trading in 2016. I will contact another person Guido who has had Jeep tyres made as I said I have a drawing for the wheels and hubs it may be possible to have these made, over the years I have found it very difficult to find anyone who makes tyres in rubber for the Jeep and also Kübelwagen.

I have a few sets of decals for the Kübelwagen and Schwimmwagen from Johns Stuff, think I also have some spare for the Kettenkrad and I may have a sheet for the Sd.Kfz.250, as you say in the day they were excellent decals, Peddinghaus will make anything you like if you supply the art work and dimensions of what you want.
Werkstatt - 5, 1/6 Panzer parts. werkstatt.five@gmail.com
RAG Militärmodellbau
IG Militärmodellbau

mark lawson

Post by mark lawson »

Hi Pete, this jeep has been posted on your own forum, UKTC and SAG a few years ago.
The wheels and tyres originally came from http://www.skorpti.de/ unfortunately he ceased trading in 2016. I will contact another person Guido who has had Jeep tyres made as I said I have a drawing for the wheels and hubs it may be possible to have these made, over the years I have found it very difficult to find anyone who makes tyres in rubber for the Jeep and also Kübelwagen.

I have a few sets of decals for the Kübelwagen and Schwimmwagen from Johns Stuff, think I also have some spare for the Kettenkrad and I may have a sheet for the Sd.Kfz.250, as you say in the day they were excellent decals, Peddinghaus will make anything you like if you supply the art work and dimensions of what you want.
RAG Militärmodellbau
IG Militärmodellbau

Pete Mallett
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Pete Mallett »

Thanks for that Mark,

went through my files following this conversation and have found quite a stash of John's Stuff decals for all manner of vehicles from Tiger1's, Kubes, Schwimmers and Ketts, (these last two will be going up on eBay soon along with a Camo Schwimmer and a Kett Kit, so fortunately re-discovered just at the right moment!). Also, found a ton of British decals so won't be going short anytime soon. :D
1/6th in the UK come visit us at http://www.onesixth.co.uk

Michael Cecil
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Michael Cecil »

A little different to the under-bonnet view of either of my jeeps, but the difference in scale (1:1) and motive power (internal combustion engine) may account for that!

It was mentioned earlier that "As for Copyright infringement that only applies to the name 'Jeep', which is why DML make the most accurate Jeep model in 1/6th scale but actually market it as a 4 x 4 Truck."

I would like to add something to that statement: the name jeep (lower case) is generic and can be found in many dictionaries, whereas the registered trademark 'Jeep' (upper case) is what is covered by copyright. Also, the design of the front grill - the unique Jeep grill seen originally on the WW2 models Willys MB and Ford GPW, is still copyright to the owners of the current day Jeep trademark (whoever that is this week). Ford were the 'inventors' of the pressed-steel grill, but sold the rights to Willys-Overland in 1942.

Having some idea of just how popular the WW2-era jeep is (all varieties - Ford, Willys and Bantam), a 1/6 scale version, offered as either RC or static, would be very attractive to many jeep owners, including me. Overcoming the grill copyright could possibly be achieved by producing the model with the earlier fabricated grill.

Mike

mark lawson

Post by mark lawson »

Pete, the decal sheets have got to be worth at least £20 each if not more especially as Dragon have re-released the Kübel.
RAG Militärmodellbau
IG Militärmodellbau

Pete Mallett
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Pete Mallett »

Mark,

will bear that in mind but any I sell will most likely go as part of a vehicle sale to sweeten the deal! All the stuff my three sons and I built up over the years is going up for sale soon. No-one left to play with it now that they're all growing up!

Pete
1/6th in the UK come visit us at http://www.onesixth.co.uk