New to Chieftain

Forum for discussion relating to the Chietain MBT
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1296 times
Been liked: 1511 times

Re: New to Chieftain

Post by Adrian Harris »

Looking at the spec sheet, they're only rated for 25A maximum continuous discharge current, which is pretty low for a battery in that class.

I don't know the usual current draw on Chieftain but I've seen 40A - 50A with the King Tiger and the JagdTiger driving on grass, and that's with stock tracks, not steel ones.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Steve Cope
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Steve Cope »

Hi

Thank you for the information, I was going by a picture that I was sent of the Panther G electronics layout, they had these installed, at the moment they are only £99.00 on Amazon. I thought this might be a good time to change as. I could continue with the same batteries as I have in my Panther, Yuasa ENG22-12 as recommended for the panther by Armortek.

Is their anyone that you can recommend to talk to about the chieftain setup or just post a general enquiry?

Many thanks

Steve

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Have messaged a couple of people who have running Chieftains. Will let you know what they come back with.

A friend has just bought a set of those Eco-Worthy batteries and they state on them that the continuous current is 30A and the peak is 75A, so better than I thought.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Steve Cope

Post by Steve Cope »

Cheers Adrian

Steve

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

1st response:

"I'm using gel batteries 12V 24Ah Yuasa part no NP24-12I. Been in use 3yrs now, get about 90 to 120mins running time pending on smokers."

Adrian

Mark Russell
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Mark Russell »

Second response: LSLC22-12. 12 volt 22Ah Lucas sealed lead acid. I reckon 60 to 90 minutes if you are lucky with constant running around with no smokers turned on. This was my result from the Armortek open day this year, and I was constantly running up and down the ramp obstacles.
Thanks,
Mark

Steve Cope

Post by Steve Cope »

Hi

I have managed to get a good deal on 2 X LifePO4 Batteries 12v - 30Ah - discharge 100A, plus I brought a charger off Amazon £21 so hopefully this will be a lighter combination.

Steve

Steve Cope

Post by Steve Cope »

Update, Chieftain.

I was able to get to England on Friday and visited Armortek, met up with Kian, had a good chat and left with my Chieftain, Armortek XX (prototype), this will definatly be a challenge, as you probably know it is assembled but not complete or painted, so my idea will be over time disassemble and paint, I am hopefully going to do the Berlin paint scheme, well I'm not, the wife will do it :)

I will post some pictures of how it looks at the moment, when I work out how to post them on the Forum :)

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Peter Brown
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Peter Brown »

Steve Cope wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:07 pm
Hi

I have managed to get a good deal on 2 X LifePO4 Batteries 12v - 30Ah - discharge 100A, plus I brought a charger off Amazon £21 so hopefully this will be a lighter combination.

Steve
Hi Steve, was it the ECO-WORTHY or another manufacture that you went with in the end?
All the best
Peter

Steve Cope

Post by Steve Cope »

Hi Peter,

I did not go with the ECO-WORTHY

The Manufacturer I went with is LiitoKala, it has a better discharge rating

Steve

Steve Cope

Post by Steve Cope »

As prevously posted, I am now the proud owner of Chieftain MBT Mk V Prototype XX,
Chieftain transport.JPG
Takes up most of the car, might have to look at a bigger car, that is another bit of negotiation with management :)

Steve Cope

Post by Steve Cope »

Safely in the Workshop
Chieftain WKSP.jpg

John Clarke
Been liked: 1657 times

Post by John Clarke »

Looks like you've got a decent build there Steve :lol:
Good to see you got it home safely, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Does it have double X stamped inside?
I was wondering what other goodies Armortek gave you with it? :mrgreen:
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Steve Cope

Post by Steve Cope »

Hi John

I must admit I have my work cut out, there are bits missing and I need to try and work out how to fix an issue with the turret bearing not lining up with the hull, so it is not fixed, there seems to be a 5mm gap between the front of the hull and the rear so none of the retaining holes line up, plus I will be stripping it down so that it can be painted as there is a lot of rust showing itself.

I will post pictures of my progress and I will post a picture of the issue I have got with none of the retaining position holes lining up, hopefully the communty will have ideas how to resolve

Yes the XX is stamped on the inside.

Sorry to say no goodies from Armortek :(

Have you built the Chieftain?