Panther #20

Forum for discussion relating to the Panther
keithbraun
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Panther #20

Post by keithbraun »

Really tidy work. I'm almost thinking about stripping down my Stug and starting again!

Mark Weiss
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Mark Weiss »

After tackling the recoil I wanted to add main gun smoke. A special thanks to Paul Sparkes who inspired me to try doing it myself, and who was always ready to answer my questions, regardless of the time difference, lol.

I decided to replace the sound with a Beier USM-RC-3 which Paul recommended. The Beier USM-RC-3 is really great to work with, you can add any sound you can think of and has so many options for controlling sound, light and in this case the recoil. I finally got the timings of the smoke, light, recoil and sound of the main gun worked out.

If you listen close, that tank commander sounds a lot like the late great Donald Sutherland, aka Oddball.

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

That does sound like oddball :D :D - just watched that movie couple nights ago. Really nice on recoil n smoke - looks great.
Bob

Chris.Marshall
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Chris.Marshall »

Yes, great, like the sound etc, good job....

Also like Kelly's Heroes..... A while back a friend and I were going to watch it but the wives were not keen..... We convinced them by saying that it was really just Oceans 11 with tanks..... 8) .

Hey Ho.....

Chris.
Tiger 1 Early - (Kit42) - Still boxed.