Drive Motor Wiring

Covering Transmitters/ receivers, wiring schematics, requests for new options, etc
Malcolm.Plumb
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 752 times

Drive Motor Wiring

Post by Malcolm.Plumb »

A basic question regarding the wiring up of the motors.

A red marker on the 'positive' terminal?
I'm assuming that these are straight forward DC motors with nothing fancy inside of them to damage and it doesn't matter which way around the wiring is connected.

I'm asking because I need to change the rotation direction of one of the motors to get the same forward gear direction when the motors are side by side - gears pointing outwards.
2022 Panther G #15

Gerhard Michel
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 572 times

Re: Drive Motor Wiring

Post by Gerhard Michel »

Hi Malcolm,

motors in tank models have to run in both directions; otherwise the model could not move backwards. Therefore they need changing polarity.
kind regards
Gerhard

Malcolm.Plumb
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 752 times

Post by Malcolm.Plumb »

Hi Gerhard

Thought so and have now swapped it over.

Best to be 100% certain I think.
2022 Panther G #15

Aaron Taylor
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Aaron Taylor »

Hello can you elaborate how you swapped them changing the yellow and blue around or moving one wire to the other motor I'm learning about polarity any help is appreciated

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1264 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Just swapping the blue and yellow over on one motor.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Aaron Taylor

Post by Aaron Taylor »

Ok thank you do you speed one track up and slow the other to steer or reverse one track the opposite direction cause I can't get mine to reverse direction on a one stick set up without all stick inputs reversing the motors opposite each other. I'm using a DXS8 but also have the frsky I can use.....the spectrum is easier for me though. I'm going to try dual Ail rudder and elevator today but not sure if it will work. I'm pondering a flysky p18 radio next but would like to avoid it

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1264 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Any time one track is running faster than the other, the tank will turn towards the slower track.

You can change the relative speeds, stop one track or have them going in opposite directions (neutral turn).

When I was using Spektrum, I used Elevon-B I think. I would adjust the transmitter, so that forward on the stick made both channels go positive on the channel monitor, then change the motor wiring so that the motors drove the sprockets forward. Then if it turned left instead of right, I would swap the leads for the tracks over in the receiver.

You also need to increase the end points on the channels used on the single stick to 150%, otherwise you won't get full speed out of the tank.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Aaron Taylor

Post by Aaron Taylor »

Thank you I appreciate your input....no pun....but I will try that for certain