New guy to the forum.

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
Eric Arthur Opperman
Been liked: 1 time

New guy to the forum.

Post by Eric Arthur Opperman »

Hello to everyone out there.

I was halfway through a Panther build with Mark Spencer when the unfortunate, God awful war in the Ukraine broke out. Myself and a few others were left in the lurch. With no remote possibility to see the completion of said model I have moved on.

I'm a proud, new owner of an ArmorTek Panther G. She's number 36 of the 2022 release. I've always regarded ArmorTek as the epitome of 1/6 scale vehicles. My problem with them however, was never having the time to assemble one. Luckily I happened upon a gentleman who had meticulously assembled one of these beauties! A deal was made and I drove just shy of 2,000 miles roundtrip to pick her up (I finally found a use for my wife's ugly minivan)! :D

She is without any option packs and clad only in a paintable clear coat. It maybe a while, but once my wife gives me an allowance again I plan on moving ahead with full option packs and paint.

This brings me to my first question. Is there anyone here in the States that works on commission installing the options and is an expert with an airbrush? I could probably install the packs myself but would like someone to make sure she is tracking straight and true. I have very little free time to learn and experiment with an airbrush so that is a definite thing I would be looking to hire out.

I do have past RC experience. Over twenty years ago I flew planes (actually crashed better than anyone I knew) :wink: . For the last five years I have been playing with a 1/16 scale Taigen Tiger 1 running an Elmod Fusion Pro board. It took sometime and help to getting it all programmed and running but it's there now. Anyway, this was before I was seduced by the siren song of the 1/6 scale!

I plan on using this forum for gleaning all the info I can before I ask too many obvious questions. By the way, I live in central Missouri and love road trips.
Cheers,
Eric
"Careful Sonny Boy, Or You'll Think Yourself Stupid."
My Grandpa. R.I.P.

Tim Carr
Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: New guy to the forum.

Post by Tim Carr »

Welcome
There are several Fla folks that have Tanks.

That said here is one of several US folks that do building etc.

https://eastcoastarmory.com/

Think and review and maybe do it yourself.

Later Tim
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

Eric Arthur Opperman

Hello Tim,

I forgot about ECA. It would be satisfying to complete the project myself; however, we run our own business which eats up over 90% of my time. I'm about 5 years away from retirement, and it maybe that long before my wife gives me my allowance back, so who knows! :D

All the best,
Eric
My Grandpa. R.I.P.

Christoffer Ahlfors
Has liked: 681 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Christoffer Ahlfors »

Welcome to the hobby!

The advantage with our tanks is that
1 they don't fall out of the sky and crash
2 they don't capsize and sink
3 you don't need to rent a gym or build a race track to run them.

Do it your way and enjoy the driving for now. When you retire, you can order your next model and build it yourself. It will be great fun! :D

/Christoffer
A little too much is about right...

Gary Rafferty
Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 442 times

Post by Gary Rafferty »

Hi Eric

I myself am building the panther hopefully get it finished reasonably soon..
Dave Macri is the go to guy over there with Armorteks he has helped me out no end
Good luck with your project
And also a ton of information on the forum so should be able to find what ever you need

Cheers
Gary

Eric Arthur Opperman

Christoffer,
You are quite correct! With periodic maintenance my Taigen Tiger 1 has dealt with many adverse and ill advised treatment. I think of my three RC planes only once did I bring one back that didn't need repairs to be airworthy again! :roll:

Hello Gary,
The Panther is beautiful, but then it is the only 1/6 scale tank I've ever seen in the flesh. I'm very, very impressed with it and also very pleased. Pure eye candy! Thanks for the tip about Dave, I'll reach out to him.

Thank you guy's once again. This is going to be fun!
Eric
My Grandpa. R.I.P.