Tim's 2015 Tiger #131 Build Thread

Forum for discussion relating to Tiger 1, Mid, Early, Late Production and Sturmtiger
Tim Carr
Has liked: 1907 times
Been liked: 92 times

2 great books

Post by Tim Carr »

Other than trying to id bolts on the Tiger back decks, I did not get much done on my #131. I did get some work done on redoing my mid production Tiger. Took the sticking out of place, bronze bearings out. Still cleaning.
So, for today's post I give you two very good books on finishing and super detailing your Tiger Tanks. May I come close to finishing and detailing my Tiger as well as some of those in the RFM book. OMG!
131 books 2 IMG_9611.jpg
Enjoy your Build.

Later Tim

My just started Mid Production Tiger build thread
viewtopic.php?t=9880
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

Tim Carr

New Tiger Bench

Post by Tim Carr »

Well, it's been several days since I have done much with my Tigers themselves. Several reasons, while getting lumber of improving my attic storage space I saw a Husky 9 drawer tool chest with a 24" x 46" top. Took the wood home reviewed size and price. when back the following day and bought it for my Mid Production Tiger to sit on. A little on the high side, 37 1/2 inches. Yes, going to need to make or buy some ramps to get it down if needed. As it's on good 5" rollers I might think about rolling it to the back of my pickup truck and they will be about at the same height. But still going to need ramps someday. I had to decide between a lift without locking storage and the 9 huge drawers, both at about the same price.
Link to a pic of what I bought. I'll take and post a few pics of the setup after I get everything back in place.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-SD-46 ... /319879587

As far as my #131 Tiger buid that's about all I have for now. Finish cleaning and then back to build the #131.

Enjoy the build.

Later Tim

My mid Tiger build thread
viewtopic.php?t=9880
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

Tim Carr

Some neat Tiger stuff

Post by Tim Carr »

While moving in the Tool Chest I got this down and took a couple of pics of it.
I'm going to get them framed this month.
Hope you enjoy them.

Later Tim
poster IMG_9640.jpg
coa poster IMG_9641.jpg
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

Tim Carr

Tiger #131 Museum Changes differing from before capture

Post by Tim Carr »

Been doing too much studying rather than building. Also redoing my "work" areas. Putting a lot of stuff on wheels.

But here is a great link for those working on Tiger 131 builds.

"Tiger ausf. E : Changes to Tiger 131 in the museum"

https://tiger1.info/EN/6820-museum-differences.html

Many Thanks to Vince Cutajar for providing the link that I found in another build thread.

Enjoy the build and the learning that happens on the way.

Later Tim
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.