Audio Syncronizaion

Forum for discussion relating to the M26 Pershing
John Studebaker
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Audio Syncronizaion

Post by John Studebaker »

My audio functions with all 7 sounds possible. The engine start works/sounds normal. The engine shutoff sound is normal. However, the engine acceleration and deceleration is not synchronized with my forward stick (track) movement. The engine sounds like it's running flat out. There is no acceleration or deceleration to apparent engine noise when I move the stick. It's like the governor is stuck on an engine. Can the synchronization be redone by pressing the Programming Button? Is there something else I'm missing? Any help is appreciated.

John

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Audio Syncronizaion

Post by Adrian Harris »

This normally happens if you mistime the full speed part of the learning process so that the sound board thinks that full speed is the centre stick position..

If you go through the learning process again it should get the engine sync right.

Adrian
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

John Studebaker

Adrian,

Thanks again. I will try going thru the learning and synchronization process again - for the sound board and myself as well.

John

John Studebaker

Adrian,
I have tried to synchronize my Tx to the audio module numerous times. To no avail. I've used the following to depict terminology for my audio 3-way switch:

Away or Up or Forward
Up Arrow
------Middle Point------
Down Arrow
Back or Down or Toward

I position the 3-way switch in the Middle; turn on my transmitter; turn on the Relay; hear the Beep; press the programming button; hear the Beep; move my right stick a minuscule amount (set up for single stick drive and turns); move the 3-way switch Down or Towards me; toggle the 3-way switch back to the middle point; hear some noise; position set. This all per the instructions.

Next is Step 4 instructions, which indicate to repeat Step 3, but this time with the stick pushed all the way forward. I push the right stick forward all the way (both tracks are flying) and return to stop; toggle the 3-way switch Down or Towards me and back to the middle point; hear some noise. Then power off the relay.

When I power on the Relay, and toggle the 3-way switch to get Sound 1, the audio module plays an idling sound for a bit, but then shifts into a runaway motor - one running at full bore. And I haven't touched either stick on my transmitter. I'm obviously doing something wrong when trying to set the max speed and synchronization. If there are timing considerations, I'm obviously not paying attention to them. I treat each step as discrete. If steps are supposed to be done concurrently, I'm not doing that.

This is my final electronic hurdle. I'm open to any suggestions or corrections.

John

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

> I push the right stick forward all the way (both tracks are flying) and return to stop; toggle the 3-way switch

You have to toggle the switch whilst the tracks are running at full speed.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

John Studebaker

Adrian,

Had the instructions included your guidance of "toggling the (3-way) switch whilst the tracks are running at full speed", I would not have had problems. Your instructions worked perfectly!! Thank you.

John