Drive Motor "Kill Switch"

Forum for discussion relating to the M26 Pershing
John Studebaker
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Drive Motor "Kill Switch"

Post by John Studebaker »

M26 Pershing, Taranis X9D transmitter,(Armortek recommendations for transmitter and receiver.) For my battery powered remote control airplanes, I have a "kill switch" on my transmitter that prevents me from powering on the prop motor by mistake. Doing that could result in an unexpected trip to the hospital.
I took advantage of one of Special Functions available on the Taranis transmitter. I took a 3-position switch - SC - and decided that I would Override CH2 and CH 3 (the default drive motor channels) with zero values for both the Down and Middle switch positions. You have to enable or Check all these entries. (This means 4 separate entries in the SF table.) This "leaves" (you don't have to specify this) the Up switch position as the "Motor On Switch". If SC is in the Down or Middle switch position, the motors will not run or the motors will not start unexpectedly. If SC is in the Up position, the motors will run. You can pick any other 2 or 3 position switch to accomplish the same thing. Hopefully someone finds this useful.

SF1 SC down OVERRIDE CH2 (value) zero Check mark
SF2 SC down OVERRIDE CH3 (value) zero Check mark
SF3 SC middle OVERRIDE CH2 (value) zero Check mark
SF4 SC middle OVERRIDE CH3 (value) zero Check mark

Ray Massa
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Drive Motor "Kill Switch"

Post by Ray Massa »

John, that seems like a very nice safety trick!
-Ray