Panther G Recoil Module

An unofficial resource of techniques, information and best practice to help you get most from your Armortek model.
Simon Compton
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 48 times

Panther G Recoil Module

Post by Simon Compton »

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and there's a solution, sure its something that I am doing wrong.
I am just in the process of bench testing the option packs, systematically as per the guide its been all ok until I have got to the Recoil unit.
Plugging in the recoil module cuts the power to the drive motors, its really odd, sounds all work, turret turn, elevation seems to have gone a bit iffy but I was going to resolve that once I have the motors running.
Unplug the recoil module from the power module and everything works, very odd.
I am considering unplugging everything and starting from scratch, programming the sound module etc but I thought that I would just throw this post out in the event of it being Me and a no brainer?
Has anyone experienced this , can anyone help?
Transmitter is a Taranis X9D ( TBH I am slowly getting my head around it )
Cheers Si :wink:

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1383 times

Re: Panther G Recoil Module

Post by Adrian Harris »

Is this with the recoil module attached to anything else or are you just plugging in the power ?

Reason I ask is that I've seen people plug leads from the recoil module into the receiver, which does all sorts of interesting things.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Simon Compton

Post by Simon Compton »

Hi Adrian
Cheers for the reply,
The recoil module is plugged into the power module and then using the lead from output 3 on the audio module to input 1 on the recoil module.
Everything else seems to be as per instructions...I am scratching my head LOL
Cheers Si

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Module A (and possibly Module B) may stop working if there is another 5 Volt supply applied to it via the receiver, so I would unplug the recoil module from the audio module and see if things improve.

When plugging in, double check that the lead is on the three pins correctly at each end and not just on two of them.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Simon Compton

Post by Simon Compton »

Hi Adrian
Thanks for the reply, I have unplugged everything, then wired all the slip ring wiring in...I had just used a servo lead previously between the audio module output 3 and the recoil module input 1...feel a bit of a dummy :|
Thanks so much
Not sure what I have done to the elevation setting on my Taranis though....Good Grief!
the elevation motor only works when using the stick trim button but not on the stick, think someone is messing with my mind this weekend LOL !
I will probably have to put a post in the Taranis section...I am so close to success ..its killing me ! ha ha ha
Cheers again
Si

Simon Compton

Post by Simon Compton »

Just a quick update if it helps anyone trawling through the forum like I do daily ... :D

I had used a servo lead initially to try and keep things simple rather than have more spaghetti on my dining table using the slip ring loom...that was a MISTAKE...wire up the slip ring.

The elevation settings were checked on the Taranis and I checked the settings on channel 1 to show ELEVATOR & LS for left stick , I think I had knocked something on the settings of channel 1 and had deleted the LS function., the scroller button on the Taranis is quite sensitive if you have not experienced one before...like me :wink:

Hope this helps some other newbie some day.

Have got gun flash & light working just plug and play...what a joy :P

Cheers Si

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Glad you got it sorted :D

Adrian.

Simon Compton

Post by Simon Compton »

Cheers Adrian
thank you so much for your response
a positive response sort of resets the lateral thinking when your up against it
I hope one day that I can get some newbie sorted too
Cheers Si