Forum for discussion relating to the British MK IV Tank
Oliver Brüninghaus
Has liked: 562 times
Been liked: 409 times

Re: Schwerer Panzerkraftwagen

Post by Oliver Brüninghaus »

March 2022
Mess up the electronics with wiring the motion pack

Unfortunately, the clear layout of the electronics is somewhat lost due to the many leads from the servos and the LEDs to the motion pack. As the leads need a large freedom of movement because of the actions of the machine guns and cannons, it is not advisable to fix them for a proper layout . Fortunately, the servos in the sponsons are connected with five connectors. So you don't lose the overview.

Best wishes
Oliver

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg
It's Grim Up North

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1175 times
Been liked: 1358 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

There are a lot of leads for the LEDs and servos in the Mark IV, plus the effects module had to cope with both Male and Female versions, hence my choice of D-Sub connectors.

It should be possible to use spiral wrap to group the leads by sponson and then split out each gun.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Oliver Brüninghaus
Has liked: 562 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by Oliver Brüninghaus »

Hello Adrian,

These are helpful hints to get rid of the visual confusion.

I saw the sub-D connectors in Chris's build description. They were used to extend the leads to the LEDs.
Perhaps a sub-D connector fixed to each sponson, with a multi-core wire going from it to the Aux-Unit, will bring greater clarity. That means rewiring everything, but it's well worth the effort.

Best Wishes
Oliver
It's Grim Up North