Potential motor problem

Covering Transmitters/ receivers, wiring schematics, requests for new options, etc
Paul Sparkes
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 153 times

Potential motor problem

Post by Paul Sparkes »

As some may know I’ve been chasing an issue on the JT for a while and not been able to narrow it down.

Occasionally the tank would drift to the side as if something was binding, I have stripped and found the main drive gear had been eating into the hull side. To fix this a shim washer has been installed. This has fixed the issue I thought I had.

Unfortunately we still have a problem, which I’m pretty sure is now the drive motor. 1 motor is noisy in one direction and when run for a while seems to get tight, running it backwards seems to fix this. The motor is noisy when no other drive train parts are installed.

Anyone seen anything like this?

If so what do I need to do to remedy the problem?
Jagdtiger 2020 number 40. With Gun Smoke, CO2 recoil and Driving on custom Brushless motors.
Leopard “ The Bear” build with a difference. Big power for good reason.
222 scout car
See my YouTube for video's https://www.youtube.com/@TheMinimivic/featured

Donald Suttie
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 149 times

Re: Potential motor problem

Post by Donald Suttie »

I have the same problem with a noisy motor,i have stripped the gearbox down and cannot find the issue,its only noisy in 1 direction
please note stripping down the motor or gear box is not advised by Armortek
i have yet to have my tank running,as i have been revisiting various parts from my build
i have had the motors running in and out the tank for over 2-3 hours in both directions,1 is noisy but appears to work fine

Donald

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 6945 times

Re: Potential motor problem

Post by Phil Woollard »

Hi Paul , if you need to eliminate the motor/gearbox as the problem then send an email to Kian and arrange to post it back for testing, if it's bad he will surely replace it, either way you will know.
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.