Public liability insurance

Use this area for an off topic conversations not related to Armortek or Kompact Kits. Please ensure that you abide by the forum rules.
Gary Richardson
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 1430 times

Public liability insurance

Post by Gary Richardson »

Hi all

I am after some help on how to get the public liability insurance now my Tiger is nearly ready to roll. I would like to join Southern Armour group and pay for membership as I understand you get the insurance as part of membership. I joined the Facebook group and tried messaging Admin ( Dennis) but have had no response. I must admit I am a complete novice when dealing with Facebook and may well have my settings wrongly set up.
If anyone can help put me in touch with the person I need to speak to I would be very grateful. I am happy for my e-mail address / phone number to be passed on if required.
I am hoping to get my Tiger running for the Armortek open day and obviously will need the insurance for that.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Gary
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs

Pete Nash
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 164 times

Re: Public liability insurance

Post by Pete Nash »

If you fail to get public Liability Insurance via SAG you can get it by becoming a Non Flying Member of the British Model Flying Association (BMFA)>
it is not available via their website but you can phone them, the number is on their website bmfa.com
Cost is (was in February) £19 per year from 1st January to 31st December, cover is for £5M

Will Roberts
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Will Roberts »

Hello Gary,
I have emailed Dennis on your behalf in case he doesn't read this part of the Forum. You can also send him a private message on this Forum as well.
Hope to to see you at some shows.
Regards, Will.

Gary Richardson

Hi

Thanks Pete and Will.
I have PM'd Dennis and if all else fails I am a member of the BMFA and can go down that route.

Regards
Gary
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs

Pete Nash
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Pete Nash »

Gary. If you already are a member of the BMFA then I would say that you are already covered for yoyr tank. My copy of the insurance certificate staes under Activities "Any recognised / authorised activity of the BMFA relating to Aeromodelling and ancillary activities" (my bold italics)
Insurance is £5m to £25M plus personal accident benefits (if you haven't read it lately), but check your membership handbook.

Chris Hall
Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 631 times

Post by Chris Hall »

Just to add to this, some other people have BMFA insurance and Bovington have not questioned it for their shows.
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

Gary Richardson

Pete Nash wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:26 am
Gary. If you already are a member of the BMFA then I would say that you are already covered for yoyr tank. My copy of the insurance certificate staes under Activities "Any recognised / authorised activity of the BMFA relating to Aeromodelling and ancillary activities" (my bold italics)
Insurance is £5m to £25M plus personal accident benefits (if you haven't read it lately), but check your membership handbook.
Hi Peter

Thanks for mentioning the above. I rang the BMFA and spoke to Julie who confirmed the BMFA insurance covers other models apart from aircraft and includes cars, trains, hovercraft and tanks.

Regards
Gary