Motion pack and settings for a Futaba T6K

Forum for discussion relating to the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost and the 40/50hp Engine.
Philip Baker

Motion pack and settings for a Futaba T6K

Post by Philip Baker »

I wonder if I might please ask for some guidance on setting up a Futaba T6K transmitter to run the motion and sound system on a Rolls Royce Armoured Car.

I am a total novice to Armortek models, and am finally getting round to making the Rolls Royce Armoured Car I purchased some time ago. I have to say that I am enjoying making the model immensely.

However, I have run into a brick wall setting up the motion and sound pack.

I have a Futaba T6K. I have set up the bench test, and the transmitter is communicating fine with the receiver. However, when I turn the system on the main motor runs continuously and does not respond to the throttle - the motor speed is the same regardless of where the throttle is. The same is true for the steering motor, which simply runs at full speed as soon as the system starts up. Curiously, the turret motor does respond to the control on the transmitter, but only moves in one direction. The servos and front lights do respond to the switches on the transmitter, however, so the system is working (in part).

I have tried adjusting the "End point" settings on the transmitter (i.e. adjusting the throws) for the relevant channels, but that makes no difference.

Does anyone have any advice for how to set up the transmitter so that i can control the motors? As well as a novice at building Armortek kits, I am also a total novice with R/C systems, so I am very much in the dark as to what adjustments I need to make.

Very grateful for any advice.

Philip

John Clarke
Been liked: 1709 times

Re: Motion pack and settings for a Futaba T6K

Post by John Clarke »

While I'm not experienced with the RR control system, there are some checks you can do easily.

First take your time, make sure the area lighting is good and keep it simple.

Make sure model is switched off.

Check your connections as per drawing, Be aware if using the red box controllers it is super easy to "miss place" the control plugs on the wrong pins, the pins on the red boxes are easy bent out of position and this will cause all sorts of problems. Also check the obvious, the plugs maybe upside down. Easy done in a confined space. Usually no damage is caused, simply refit the plug in the correct position

If still having problems start from scratch checking radio equipment first.

Disconnect the receiver from the model, Using a spare servo (if you have one) and separate receiver power supply (6volt if you have one) check each one of the receiver outputs, this will tell you that the transmitter and receiver is ok or not.

Before connecting receiver to model controllers (red boxes etc), check the spare servo works ok with the models own receiver supply.

The models receiver supply may come from the models speed controller, check drawing, if so you'll need to lift drive wheels off the ground while testing.

If ok remove test servo and connect the receiver to one of model control box input one at a time and test. if ok, carry on to the next etc.

Good luck
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1341 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

It looks like the T6K, when paired to the R3006SB or R3008SB receivers, uses the Futaba T-FHSS protocol, which is extremely fast and therefore may be incompatible with the Armortek electronics.

I would see if you can borrow a different TX and RX and see if the electronics behave as expected.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Donald Suttie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 187 times

Post by Donald Suttie »

Hi
This may be very obvious,but have you set up a 'Mix' for the motors to work,or is it just straight channel to channel?
i have had both the T6 and the more expensive T14 sets and before i sold them,they worked fine on the New motion pack (mine was for the Tiger 1)i just set up the mix pretty much as the basic Armortek Knowledge base,and tweaked the endpoints to suit
i have since moved to the new gen Spektrum sets but feel i could have saved my money and stuck with my Futaba sets

Donald

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1341 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Was that T6K or T6J ?

The latter uses FASST & SFHSS protocols, which would be compatible.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Donald Suttie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 187 times

Post by Donald Suttie »

Hi Adrian
yes mine was the T6J ,so looks like a different set again

Donald

Brian Ostlind
Has liked: 965 times
Been liked: 2066 times

Post by Brian Ostlind »

Tfhss receivers not compatible with older silver equipment I haven’t tested the new red boxes.