Need some help here

All topics related to Armortek's Recoil Option Pack
Björn Johansson
Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 403 times

Need some help here

Post by Björn Johansson »

I´m a bit confused here , and need some advice how to sort this out.

I have a single one 24v/6V converter that I presume is for the Recoil thing like this.
IMG_4800.JPG
I wrote down what the label on the lower side say, as I will use velcro tape to hold it.
Wire and labels on say connect to Slew servo and slew servo reciever :?
IMG_4798.JPG
IMG_4799.JPG
I have try different set up with the connections but can´t get a respond to servo/led
this was the last one :?
kontakter.jpg
I have the gun sound and the cutted power wire to Audio module output 3 - Input one on the Recoil unit.
The 5B wiring diagram I can see 24V/5V to input 2 . also on the picture I can see two wire on the recoil unit .
On my unit there was only one, the Input 1 to Audio. :?

Hope some one can help me out here.
Kind regards from Björn

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 836 times

Re: Need some help here

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Not sure what that cut down cable is to be used for but unless whatever it is receiving power from another source that cable with only the signal wire
isn't going to do anything. The only cables I've ever modified when a BEC is involved is one of the power (most often the positive lead only) leads - not both. try a cable with just the red wire removed.

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1175 times
Been liked: 1358 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

The lead with the single white wire should go to Input 1 on the Recoil Module and Output 3 on the Audio Module. This is the trigger input.
The output from the 24V/5V convertor should go to Input 2 on the Recoil Module, and provide power to the module, servo and LED(s).

It may be your 24V convertor is simply mislabelled, as the JagdTiger uses two of these convertors, with one providing power to the Elevation servo and the other to the Slew (Traverse) servo.

Another thing to try is to operate the first MG sound and see if the recoil operates, as I have seen several models where this happens.

The whole model works from a common ground, so it shouldn't matter that the trigger lead only has the one white wire.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Björn Johansson
Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 403 times

Post by Björn Johansson »

Thank you I will try you´r input here.

Adrian only for the record I have the two you mention also Elevation and Slew they are ok and working.
Only thing I had to do was to use the turret swing connection even though it was said I shouldn´t .
The elevation connection didn´t make the motor work :?
Kind regards from Björn