king tiger tracks tension driving

Forum for discussion relating to the King Tiger
Andy Robinson
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

king tiger tracks tension driving

Post by Andy Robinson »

hi guys i wandered if someone could help me to get my kt tracks to the right tension my problem is they are fully adjusted with longer bolts to max
tension but still seem to be slack when driven they lift off road wheels all together at rest they are on all road wheels ive tried taking out one set of track links but would not join back up ive ran the kt a couple of times on grass but when i have to make a tight turn the road wheels have come over the track horns and ive had to lift tiger up to put track back on i know that people have said you have to drive with care on some surfaces and doing turns so is it the tension issue or is it driver error and if so how can i drive her like the real thing as is suggested thanks in advance

yves mouton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 514 times

Re: king tiger tracks tension driving

Post by yves mouton »

Hello Andy,

I used longer tracktension bolts, so you have more play on the tension.
Hope this helps you.

Best regards Yves

Tom Wittstock
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Tom Wittstock »

Hello Andy, Tom Wittstock.........Andy, could you do me a favor and keep me updated on your process. Posting some pictures of your idler with the longer bolts will be a help to me and others.........I have not gotten that far with my King Tiger yet so any updates from you will be a big help. :D

Charles A Stewart
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 781 times

Post by Charles A Stewart »

Cheers Chaps.
This is useful to me too. As I have a KT to build at some point.

Cheers Charles
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.