King Tiger 2019-34 Sound System Setup Problem

Forum for discussion relating to the King Tiger
Philip Allen
Been liked: 10 times

King Tiger 2019-34 Sound System Setup Problem

Post by Philip Allen »

Can anyone help me please?
I have setup my KT electrics and have a problem with my sound unit. I have followed all the instructions published by Armortek, Armortek Forum, and Futaba repeatedly, without success.
Can anyone see a problem with what I have done so far?
My TX is a Futaba 8J combined with a Futaba RX R2008SB running using FHSS.
All the proportional channels work perfectly from word go, with no problem. Single stick motion using Flaperon and turret motion using Throttle and Rudder. As previously mentioned, everything works.
Now I come to setting up the sound system. All the cables are all correctly connected, re-wired everything at least 3 times just to be sure. I have followed the Armortek wiring diagram to the letter.
I have programmed CH5 to 3-way switch SWC and CH6 to 3-way switch SWE and checked and tested both the servo functions for both switches. Again, everything seems to be in order.
I have then tried multiple times to teach the sound unit as instructed, using both CH5 and CH6 without success. I get the beep from the unit on power-up and the beep when hitting the program button. The volume is set to about 1/4 and the beeps are quite loud. Following the instructions, I then activate a slight forward motion to both motors and toggle the switch from mid-point to up or towards me, for the transition to acceleration, depending on which switch I try to use, then back again. I have used a snap action and a delayed action when toggling, without success. It goes without saying that the second setting doesn’t work either.
After attempting the programming all I get from the speakers is a background hiss that is not very loud. If I turn up the volume then one speaker cone is drawn tight into its frame, and the other is pushed tight out of its frame with very little increase actual noise from the speakers.