Receiver Location

Forum for discussion relating to the Universal Carrier
Peter Withers
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times

Receiver Location

Post by Peter Withers »

What is the best location for the receiver in the UC? I'm about to start installing the electrics and would like to get this in the right place to start with. My receiver is a Spektrum AR410 (at the moment, soon to be upgraded to AR620). These have internal antennae, no aerial wires sticking out. I'm very conscious that old radio control stuff does not play well with lots of metal (from my Robot Wars days). Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1383 times

Re: Receiver Location

Post by Adrian Harris »

I've been driving these things for a while with Futaba, Spektrum and now FrSky and never had a signal strength problem with the receiver buried inside the tank, even with large lumps like the BARV and the Centurion.

Don't forget, you'll probably only ever be running it a few tens meters away, and never out of your direct line of sight.

Having said that, one of the shows we do locally lets us have the run of a rugby pitch and there's no problem controlling the tanks from one end to the other.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module