Details of the casemate rear doors ?

Forum for discussion relating to the Jagdtiger
Chang
Has liked: 14984 times
Been liked: 372 times

Details of the casemate rear doors ?

Post by Chang »

Hi all,

Wonder if any after-market parts such as the details of the casemate rear doors could be made by any expert(s)?
From Armortek's facebook
From Armortek's facebook
JT-56.jpg (21.23 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
http://photos.jibble.org/Vehicles/Tanks/Bovington%20Tank%20Museum/Jagdtiger%20rear%20doors%20IMG_6663.html
http://photos.jibble.org/Vehicles/Tanks/Bovington%20Tank%20Museum/Jagdtiger%20rear%20doors%20IMG_6663.html
JT-55.jpg (99.61 KiB) Viewed 2735 times

there is a website saying they are going to release this details. Only it will not be in metal :

regards,
Lerh Chang

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1708 times

Re: Details of the casemate rear doors ?

Post by Vince Cutajar »

After seeing Chang's post an idea hatched to try and make a functional lock mechanism in the virtual world. I thought it would be a good mental exercise to keep the gray matter in my bald head active.

Happy to say that I managed to do it and I am posting the photos and videos here as they might help anybody who decides to do it in the real world. As can be seen from the photos the parts can, with some patience, be made without any special tooling. I don't have the Jagdtiger model so I had to start with an assumption of the size of the door. I am assuming that the real door is about 600mm X 350mm (100mm X 58mm in 1/6th scale). I don't know if this dimension is correct or not but it should not affect the mechanism as such.
Jagdtiger Door Latch v6a.jpg
Jagdtiger Door Latch v6b.jpg
Jagdtiger Door Latch v6c.jpg
Jagdtiger Door Latch v6d.jpg

[youtube][/youtube]

Vince

yves mouton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 514 times

Re: Details of the casemate rear doors ?

Post by yves mouton »

Nice work Vince 8)
Best regards Yves