Forum for discussion relating to the Morris Quad
sean kerambrun
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 7 times

Access to batteries and elecs

Post by sean kerambrun »

Hi guys,

For those who may be interested.

I installed a hinge on the top of the rear section to allow full access to batteries and elecs

Cheers

Sean
Attachments
IMG_5612.JPG

Dave Backway
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Access to batteries and elecs

Post by Dave Backway »

Hi Sean,

Good to see that you have made a start on your Quad. I have also been looking at how to remove the top panel as I do not want to lift the whole body to access the electronics. However, I looked to place a frame in below the roof to support the sides and rear plate and then be able to lift the roof off. I was looking to secure the top with the spare wheel fitting and at the front where the fittings could be hidden under the canvas. Your hinge idea is very good and if you permit I may look at this in association with the support frame, as detailed below.

Best regards

Dave
Attachments
IMG_1493.JPG

sean kerambrun
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by sean kerambrun »

Hi Dave,

It is surprising how rigid the sides and rear are without a support. I have also not bolted down the tray which the batteries and elecs sit on so I can remove it to access the winch from the top.

Your welcome to leverage any of my solution. Any if you want to banter ideas just ask

Cheers

Sean

John Wiggins
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by John Wiggins »

Thanks for the idea and solution Sean. I have purchased a quad kit from a fellow forum member, this summer, and used your solution
To gain access to the batteries/electronics. It works a treat.

Regards
John Wiggins