New motion pack motor behaviour

All topics related to Armortek's Motion Option Pack
John Clarke
Been liked: 1614 times

Re: New motion pack motor behaviour

Post by John Clarke »

Adrian Harris wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:49 am
If the plugs were misaligned or reversed, the motor channel wouldn't react to the transmitter at all, as the signals wouldn't be on the correct pins.

Adrian.
I'm still not sure if Mick sent his Module back to Armortek or if it was a phone job, either way Oli if your not getting anywhere I suppose they will be the ways forward in the new year.

Your right Adrian, I did'nt see the setup, I wrote the reply late after too many drinks, :shock: I meant any plug misaligned on the system, but the basics are still very important. Easy mistake I have made in the past in haste.
Strange things happen with different RC systems too.
I've written before that a 10 channel Fasst receiver (3&4 channel stick) doesn't work very well with the earlier Armortek modules. Yet the 7 and 6 channel receiver works fine.
It must be a nightmare for Armortek to satisfy all comers.
I try to keep to my familiar equipment, the older I get the less change I like. But recently, with the explosion of new and cheaper 2.4ghz systems on the block. The temptation to buy one system for one model becomes more relevant.
It's not the cheapness that's the main issue for me, it's the reliability. I like things to work straight out of the box with the equipment it will be married to. (Don't we all)
Now it would be expensive If you were to buy a R/C system that doesn't work with the proposed equipment. You can hardly send it back under that pretext.

Carson 500501004 FS Reflex Stick Multi Pro LCD 2.4G 14CH at £140 Tx and Rx inclusive.
I found this system on the net that looks perfect for basic control and a myriad of switch gear, perfect for switching lots of things off and on if one wanted all singing and dancing on off's, labeling reminders what does what etc for the aging, hummm tempting. :?
Just noticed, I don't think it has transmitter based mixing. but that's not a problem to the two stick driver. and on board mixing can be added if required.

But does it work with the Armortek Red Box Modules.???..Anyone know???

Yongjae has proved that the relatively cheap frsky system works pretty well with his new Chieftain red boxes, even if my under pants said differently.

I might have a punt if nothing else, with squint and some Benny Hill glasses the Carson looks like a fully loaded F14 with an LCD display and that can't be bad. :lol:
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Oli Dainton
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Oli Dainton »

John Clarke wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:09 pm
Your right Adrian, I did'nt see the setup, I wrote the reply late after too many drinks, :shock:
I’m grateful for any input regardless of inebriation levels!
Thanks
Oli

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Oli Dainton wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:39 pm
John Clarke wrote:
Your right Adrian, I did'nt see the setup, I wrote the reply late after too many drinks, :shock:
I’m grateful for any input regardless of inebriation levels!
At the moment I'm thankful for the inebriation level, I've just learn't of a slight Chieftain track problem.

What ever the problem, it can always be sorted.

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 280 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

First thing I would do is check the motors are connected to the correct points on the motion control module, then follow the wires to the "funny" motor and check that none are shorting to ground. Looks to me as if it is behaving such that one of the connectors is going to ground rather than them being both sides of a H-bridge network. I would also swap the connectors to the motors at the motion control module and see if I can swap the fault from one side of the tank to the other.

Mark

Oli Dainton

Post by Oli Dainton »

Unfortunately not much room for error with connections, I only have motion control A plugged in at the moment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/620apjtej0gj6 ... 1.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd9dp0mgoe9u1 ... 2.JPG?dl=0

Also can confirm that swapping motor connections on motion module causes issue to switch to the other motor.
Thanks
Oli

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 280 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Motion Control A looks to be just a power connection to the motor control module.
Check the connections from the motors to to the motor control module. Also your second picture shows two thin wires bottom left ( one each yellow & blue ) going off elsewhere, where are they going and is that side the problem ?
Mark

Oli Dainton

Post by Oli Dainton »

Two wires are for smoke control. Also the issue is always on the right side motor outputs, on side without those thin wires involved.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jtn9yxil2041 ... 3.JPG?dl=0
Thanks
Oli

Youngjae Bae
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 577 times

Post by Youngjae Bae »

John Clarke wrote:
Adrian Harris wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:49 am
If the plugs were misaligned or reversed, the motor channel wouldn't react to the transmitter at all, as the signals wouldn't be on the correct pins.

Adrian.
Yongjae has proved that the relatively cheap frsky system works pretty well with his new Chieftain red boxes, even if my under pants said differently.
The radio I use is not frsky, but rather a much cheaper flysky FS-i6X and iA10B, using 10 channels. :mrgreen:

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Your absolutely right Youngjae,
I had a Flysky FS-i6X 2.4GHz 6CH/10CH AFHDS 2A RC,TX and RX cost me £36.00 inc P&P brand new in a box, A fantastic bit of kit for the money. Very similar to your hand set, so I should have known better.
I was happy to see your system working so well with the Armortek red boxes. I want to see more.

I can't wait to get my hands on the control gear when it becomes available so I can try out planned upgrades, Like opening the main search light door and of course the working lamp.
No reason why a minture laser cannot be setup to replicate a range finding targeting beam and rotating cupola and more.

I've just brought a FR sky Taranis, a little bigger TX case, expanderble to 16 channels and all sorts of programing stuff on it.