Current motion pack with Blank system - advice

All topics related to Armortek's Motion Option Pack
David Stewart
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Current motion pack with Blank system - advice

Post by David Stewart »

Morning all

Just in the process of testing all the electrics before i fit to my Tiger 1. I am fitting the current generation electronics to my 2010 Tiger 1.

I have a question for everyone, I have the old blank firing kit with my tank as am curious how to connect it into the system. Can I patch it in via the new module or just straight into a channel on the Tx?

Has anyone else connected these systems up?

For reference I have no interest in using the audio option pack.

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Thanks

David
Armortek 2010 Mid Tiger 1

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1174 times
Been liked: 1357 times

Re: Current motion pack with Blank system - advice

Post by Adrian Harris »

The Blank Firer just has a simple 24V motor to turn the magazine. You should be able to use one of the switched outputs from the Motion Control Module but be aware the Blank Firer must only turn in one direction as there are cams built into the system which will be damaged if you try and rotate it the wrong way.

I can't remember when it was phased out but you also need to check that your barrel and muzzle brake are of the correct design to use the Blank Firer, or you will be in contravention of the agreement for its use. The muzzle brake must screw onto the barrel, and it must have the "pepper pot" restrictor to prevent any debris from exiting the barrel.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

David Stewart
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Current motion pack with Blank system - advice

Post by David Stewart »

Adrian Harris wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:54 pm
The Blank Firer just has a simple 24V motor to turn the magazine. You should be able to use one of the switched outputs from the Motion Control Module but be aware the Blank Firer must only turn in one direction as there are cams built into the system which will be damaged if you try and rotate it the wrong way.

I can't remember when it was phased out but you also need to check that your barrel and muzzle brake are of the correct design to use the Blank Firer, or you will be in contravention of the agreement for its use. The muzzle brake must screw onto the barrel, and it must have the "pepper pot" restrictor to prevent any debris from exiting the barrel.

Adrian.
Afternoon Adrian

Thanks for the advice, my kit has the pepper pot style muzzle brake.

David
Armortek 2010 Mid Tiger 1