Pak 43/41 - Non functional recoil spades?

All topics related to Armortek's Pak 43/ 41
Leon Hosking
Been liked: 2 times

Pak 43/41 - Non functional recoil spades?

Post by Leon Hosking »

Hi Chaps

Just a quick intro, I am now the proud new owner of a Pak 43/41 - which shall be known as "Scharnhorst" when built.

Myself and my Dad (bought it as a joint project, as he is a retired agricultural engineer) are now about 2/3 thirds of the way in :mrgreen:

Have managed to get everything to fit/work so far - with some severe fettling - and I am learning to take the "easy to assemble" moniker with an equally severe pinch of salt :twisted:

One thing that has my Dad totally stumped however are the recoil spades; we have built them twice (second time with new set of parts) and they simply cannot work - there is insufficient travel to either unlock them or engage them with the hooks at the end of the trail legs (by a good 1/8").

Has anybody else encountered this problem :?:

Answers on a post card please Shep :!:

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Re: Pak 43/41 - Non functional recoil spades?

Post by Armortek »

Hi Leon

Most guys seem to have built this kit without to much fettling. We have put three together here and have not encountered any special assembly problems.

I can assure you that the spade assembly does function well. If your model does not, then you have probably not assembled it correctly. Remember if you find anything beyond your capability, you can always send the specific parts back to us, and we can assemble it for you.

Mark
Armortek

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1182 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

"A picture is worth a thousand words" - a few pictures of the trail ends from different angles might help us to see if there is anything obviously wrong or misaligned with them.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Leon Hosking
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Leon Hosking »

Hi Chaps

Most helpful :D :D :

I will see if I can sort some pics out.

Much appreciated :wink:

Leon