Futaba Transmission Systems

Provides official comments and advice from the Armortek design team
Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Futaba Transmission Systems

Post by Armortek »

Hi All

Futaba have added yet another 2.4ghz transmission system. The new system is for use with telemetry and is called T-FHSS. It uses an entirely new protocol and is utterly incompatible with any existing system. The older type and the new Armortek modules can not be operated on this system for the time being. We will work to develop a solution on the new motion control module only, and inform you if and when this available.

Mark
Armortek

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Re: Futaba Transmission Systems

Post by Armortek »

Hi all

We have now had confirmation that the Futaba FASSTesT protocol, another telemetry system, has the same issues as T-FHSS, and is therefor not compatible with the Armortek motion control module.

Mark
Armortek

Steve Ellis
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Futaba Transmission Systems

Post by Steve Ellis »

Hi Mark

I'm new to the world of Armourtek and RC models, I have the 25 Pdr & Limber and have recently purchased the Quad with Motion pack to complete the set.
Having read the article released back in July explaining the differences between the various motion packs and their comparable frequencies and that the new updated (Quad) version was compatible with all modern Transmission Systems I have been looking to purchase at Transmitter narrowing it down to either the Futaba (T8j or T10j) or the Spectrum DX9 I was favouring the Futaba T10j because having read through both manufacturers manuals I found the Futaba to be slightly clearer also because of the number of channels available, I hope to build a Tank in the future, when the right one comes along (Chieftain Mk10).
Having now read this article I am now slightly confused, am I correct in assuming that the Futaba T10j will not support the new motion packs.
Is it possible to release a list of transmitters that are compatible with the new motion pack please.

King Regards
Steve