Corrected Female Sponson Side

Forum for discussion relating to the British MK IV Tank
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1182 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Corrected Female Sponson Side

Post by Adrian Harris »

I've knocked up this drawing with a view to getting replacement sides cut for the female sponsons.
Female Sponson Side.jpg
Is there anything else which needs to be altered :?:

I was worried about getting a part cut which needed to be bent to the profile of the former plates but, looking at photos of Flirt, it would appear they are separate plates, so they can be cut from the donor part and fixed with their existing mounting holes.

That means that the part to be cut will be flat, so no compensation for bending radii required :D

I'll 3D print a test part tomorrow to check the hole alignments with the original.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Chris Hall
Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 631 times

Re: Corrected Female Sponson Side

Post by Chris Hall »

Adrian -

So Kathleen is definitely Female, then :D ... our numbers are growing ! That's a better balance with all the Males out there.

The plate looks about right, but you have my contact details if you want to discuss it further. But why go to the trouble of making a whole new plate (or 2) ? With Steve's help, I cut / drilled the pistol port and vision slits in the right places, stuck a plate behind the redundant ones and filled with putty. After it's painted no one will know (at least on the outside :wink: ).

All the best,

Chris
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1182 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Corrected Female Sponson Side

Post by Adrian Harris »

I prefer to think of Kathleen as a bit like Eddie Izzard. Basically male, but likes to appear in female attire from time to time...

The plates are usually quite cheap to have cut, plus there's the exercise in replicating and updating the design, and I'd know about the other holes :roll:

I've sent a couple of emails, have you received them ?

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module