Morris Quad RX connections

Forum for discussion relating to the Morris Quad
Kevin Hunter
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 135 times

Morris Quad RX connections

Post by Kevin Hunter »

Is anyone please able to translate the RX channel numbers shown in the wiring schematic to actual functions? I'm using Spektrum AR8000 so, for example, if I take the numbers in logical sequence, ch1 equates to throttle, ch2 = aileron, etc.
However, in the schematic, the connections are not in straight numerical sequence, They read left to right, 4,5,1,2,6,3.

While we're at it, I seem to have a spare power output from the motion control module. As delivered, Aux 1 + and aux 2 - terminate in a plug connector which connects to the smoke module. The other pair of aux power outputs have 2 sets of connectors. 1 goes to the audio module, is the other surplus to requirement?

Thanks chaps

Kevin

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Morris Quad RX connections

Post by Adrian Harris »

It's probably more dependant on your transmitter than anything else.

Which model do you have ?

On the receiver, the functions are:

1) First to the Amplifier Module, where it controls the engine speed audio, then across to the Motion Control Module RC input 3, where it controls the main drive motor via "Speed Control 3".

2) Drives the steering servo directly.

3) To the Motion Control Module RC Input 1, where it controls the "Switched 1" output for the winch motor.

4) Not Used

5) To the Amplifier Module, to control the audio functions - engine start etc.

6) Not Used.

So for single stick driving, you need channels 1 and 2 controlled by one of the sticks on your transmitter.

On a Spektrum DX6 or DX7, in Mode 1, the right hand stick is throttle up/down and aileron left/right, so you would need to use these on your receiver.

In Mode 2, this stick is elevator up/down and aileron left/right, so you can see how the transmitter set up changes the connections needed.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

> The other pair of aux power outputs have 2 sets of connectors. 1 goes to the audio
> module, is the other surplus to requirement?

Probably a standard loom, where the other pair of connectors would power the separate turret turn speed controller for a tank.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Kevin Hunter

Post by Kevin Hunter »

Thanks Adrian.

I'm using the same DX8 I use on my Cent, with the Quad set up as a new model and bound to the AR8000 I bought from you. I'll revisit my setup and hopefully get it sorted. Think I just found the photos confusing with all wires shown, and relating numbered channels in the schematic to the labeled sockets on the RX.
Probably a standard loom, where the other pair of connectors would power the separate turret turn speed controller for a tank.
Thanks for that also

Kevin

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

When setting up a new system I usually use a servo on the receiver to double-check which controls affect which channel.

Adrian.

Kevin Hunter

Post by Kevin Hunter »

All sorted...... satellite receiver connection wasn't fully home so the main RX hadn't bound to Tx properly. Started again and all now ok.

Only one very minor grumble..... sound selection (using toggle switch) works in the opposie sense to my centurion, i.e. Now I have to push switch up x times and then down to confirm selection. The Cent, I pull down x times then up to activate. Any Spektrum gurus know if I can reverse the action of the aux 2 toggle switch for this model only via the Tx settings? (DX8)

As always, many thanks for the help received via this amazing forum.

Kevin

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

If you know the channel that you are using, you should be able to use the Reverse function on the Servo Setup screen on the transmitter.

Adrian.