Spektrum single stick configuration

Forum for asking questions, offering new ideas or facts or suggesting new topics
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Spektrum single stick configuration

Post by Adrian Harris »

I've just changed the T-34 over to a Spektrum DX9 and can confirm it's the same as a DX7, in that you have two options for Elevon, and on Elevon-B it seems to work fine.

One thing I've noticed is that this form of mixing only gives you 75% of full speed when the stick is at the 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock position.

You can correct this by increasing the servo travel settings for the right and left ailerons (RAL & LAL) from 100% to 133%. This gives 100% of full speed when travelling forwards and backwards.

Click the roller to get to the "Function List".
Scroll to "Servo Setup" and click the roller to select it.
The first page is "Travel", so scroll to the "RAL" setting and click the roller to select it.
Rotate the roller until the setting shows "133%" then click to save it.
Scroll to the "LAL" setting and click the roller to select it.
Rotate the roller until the setting shows "133%" then click to save it.
Press the "Back" button twice to return to the main screen.

I suppose for better realism the speed in reverse should be limited but it is handy for getting away from the little people at shows.

Adrian.
Last edited by Adrian Harris on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 2045 times

Re: Spektrum single stick configuration

Post by Stephen White »

Adrian, that's a really useful observation. As long as Mark doesn't see any reason not to do it, I'll amend the Knowledge Base accordingly. Thanks for letting us all know.

Mind you, for scale realism, we all tend to drive our models too quickly but as you say, it sometimes has its uses.

All the best (and hope the cold is better).

Stephen