PANZER IV BUILD no 012

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer IV
David Wiltshire

Re: PANZER IV BUILD no 012

Post by David Wiltshire »

I'm pleased to say I'm the new owner of your old tank, managed to get a few DID figures and equipment from e-bay so I'm in the process of 'accessorising' it.
Noticed the main gun wouldn't raise or lower so with the aid of a bright light and magnifying glass found that the female spade fitting with a blue collar that was loose belonged at the base of the left hand micro switch, all working now.

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi David glad you sorted it out, Hope you have fun using it . Its a very solid build and it looks good in my a pinion.
I was sorry to see it go but thats the way things go sometimes I thought that I would keep it for a long time but iit was not to be . Im just glad that you can enjoy it and have some fun .
all the best Nick

David Wiltshire

Thanks Nick, I've spent quite a bit of time reading through your build thread.
One question does the small machine gun still move? I've yet to see it move and haven't fully investigated as the whether it still has the gear installed.

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

Hi david
it was working when I sold it ,
if you get the machinegun sound up its the one that makes the lights flash , if my memory is corect there are about three different machine gun sounds . You need the one that makes the guns flash . There's a three position switch , I think its on the left , there are two one on left and right side of the hand set . when the guns flash operate the three position swich .
You should see eather the hull gun moving to left or right at one position only the hull gun flashing or hull and turret gun flasing . Most of the swiches dont do anything at all . So have a go you want go wrong . Justt dont alter the program on the hand set and you will be ok . If the left hand three position swich doesnt do anything try the right .
allthe best nick

David Wiltshire

Thanks again, I've only had it a few days so I'm still finding my way around the menu type 'flick lever' on the top left hand side but I've now noticed when the firing stops the barrel is pointing in a different direction I just haven't paid any attention.
I bought some smoke fluid that smells of diesel/aviation fuel that adds to the realism of the tank.
Its nice to know how much effort you put into making it.