Left Hand Motor Problem

Forum for discussion relating to the Centurion
davidwilkins
Been liked: 213 times

Left Hand Motor Problem

Post by davidwilkins »

Hi

I am having a problem with the electronics on my centurion tank. The left hand motor keeps going into a cycle of staring up on its own going into 3/4 reverse I put the TX control stick into full reverse then to neutral and then the motor comes to a stop. 30 seconds later the same thing happens again. I just continues on like this and I have know idea why.

I did put a query up on my Centurion blog and had advise to remove the ratchet on the TX stick control and replace with spring kit which i have done but unfortunately this has not solved the problem.

I have been very slow and careful in the installation of the electronics and am now at a loss as to what the problem is.

This is a timetable of my installation.

1/ Bench test, all ok

2/ Fitted motors into tank and tested again, all ok

3/ Connected amplifier to the speed control module, this did not work first time as i did not have the channel 5 set right on the Futaba TX. Re-done this set up and all was ok.

4/ Over the next 5 days I ran the motors and speakers for about 1/2 hour to help run them in all seemed ok until the last shutdown. When I went to switch off the RX the left hand motor started all on its own the only way to switch it off was to unplug the battery.

5/ Over the next few days I worked on the gun elevation and whilst working on this the same problem happened again in point 4.

6/I now started working on the gun recoil and this where it is now going into this cycle of the left hand motor starting up on its own about every 30 seconds, this happening with the sound effects on or off.

I am now at a total loss as why this happening, and would be very grateful for any help and advise.

David

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Re: Left Hand Motor Problem

Post by Armortek »

Hello David

This is caused by the failsafe mode, which is active on all Futaba transmitters by default. Go into the settings on your transmitter and turn off failsafe mode. This will fix the problem.

Mark
Armortek

davidwilkins
Been liked: 213 times

Re: Left Hand Motor Problem

Post by davidwilkins »

Hi Mark

I have done the failsafe on the transmitter and tested the motors for 1/2 hour this morning and afternoon all seems fine now.

Many thanks for your help.

David